Proposal: Trouba traded to Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wizard of Oz

Feb 24, 2013
Michigan
I hope everyone knows Trouba isn’t a number one. I know our fan base has had an intense fascination with him for a while but I’d have a look at what the Jets fans think of him. He isn’t Lidstrom, he isn’t Refalski, he’s basically Mike Green if Green could survive 80 games.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
This. 6OA at this point means nothing to me. The only picks I'm not trading for Trouba are 1/2. Anything other than that would absolutely be on the table. I don't care where the pick is, if we can leverage it to add a #1D, one of the major pieces that we're missing, that fits with the core of this team. How is that even debatable? Do I think we're still a lottery team next year? Probably. But we've got a piece that will age with the players that we want to build around and literally the one thing that almost every team in the league is looking for with the exception of a few. This isn't Karlsson who will be 33-35 by the time we're ready to compete.

He isn't even Winnipegs best dman

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I hope everyone knows Trouba isn’t a number one. I know our fan base has had an intense fascination with him for a while but I’d have a look at what the Jets fans think of him. He isn’t Lidstrom, he isn’t Refalski, he’s basically Mike Green if Green could survive 80 games.

He's never really been given a chance to be a #1, which is the main reason he wants out of Winnipeg.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Which would make him the best d-man on the Wings' roster.

Reactions: avssuc

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
he isn’t Refalski

True. Rafalski was 26 by the time he touched NHL ice. At 25, Trouba has over 400 NHL games.

What I'm trying to say here is Rafalski wasn't Rafalski at this stage in his career. Trouba is drumming up so much interest because he's poised to make the next step in his career. He had a fantastic offensive year and he's a steady defensive presence. By all accounts, he's ready to be a top pairing blueliner.

Zetterbeer

Aug 4, 2018
Ontario
Mike Green who had 76 points in 75 games as a 25 year old?

Reactions: avssuc

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018

For all the people saying Yzerman could see if Trouba wanted to sign an extension pro-trade. He could have f***ed us over after we traded assets.....

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
So they traded Trouba for two months of Kevin Hayes and Neal Pionk, seems like a bad deal for the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad