Trouba switches to #8

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Excellent. Trouba in #8, just seems right. Though he looked fine in #3 too.

Jets must have waited until he 'officially' made the team, before they made the number switch.

Does this mean they'll turn the page on Burmi, and move his rights at some point rather than have him return to the fold in a couple of years? Seems to say that, no?

Personally think this has zero to do with the Jets long term plans for Burmstrov.Not like they'd keep number 8 reserved for him even if they want to bring im back in a few years.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Winnipeg Jets @NHLJets
For owners of a #3 Trouba jersey purchased at Jets Gear: the $20 number removal fee will be waived & get $40 off the application of #8

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
I had enquired about changing the name plate a few weeks ago, and if I recall, it was $50 to change the name, and $100 to change the name and number. My apologies if that info is incorrect.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Personally think this has zero to do with the Jets long term plans for Burmstrov.Not like they'd keep number 8 reserved for him even if they want to bring im back in a few years.

I think it means when Burmi comes back, he'll be wearing 69 :)

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg

Maybe, but it does seem to say, "we're moving on without you."

It did appear like they 'reserved' #8 for Burmi, as he was listed on the prospects roster with #8, if only for a couple of months. :D

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
Has anyone sent in there jersey for the Name bar and #? I went to the Jets store to get 16 Ladd with the "C" on mine and they said up to 3 weeks, Wednesay will be 2 weeks wonder if the norm is the full 3 weeks.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Nice of the Jets to drop the fee for changing the jersey number.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
@NHLJets

For owners of a #3 Trouba jersey purchased at Jets Gear: the $20 number removal fee will be waived & get $40 off the application of #8

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I had enquired about changing the name plate a few weeks ago, and if I recall, it was $50 to change the name, and $100 to change the name and number. My apologies if that info is incorrect.

$50 is River City for the name bar.

Thank god I can get my heat pressed Burmi jersey name bar changed. Jets Gear won't do heat pressed, but River City Sports will.

thereturn

Jul 10, 2011
Winnipeg
$50 is River City for the name bar.

Thank god I can get my heat pressed Burmi jersey name bar changed. Jets Gear won't do heat pressed, but River City Sports will.

Good to know! Now I kinda wish I hadn't gone out & bought two Jerseys this summer when I heard about Burmi.

...kinda.

bazaaa*

Maybe, but it does seem to say, "we're moving on without you."

It did appear like they 'reserved' #8 for Burmi, as he was listed on the prospects roster with #8, if only for a couple of months. :D

I think it just says, you're not on the team anymore, so if someone wants your number, they can have it?

Why on earth would they reserve it for him.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
I was going to go to the Jet's store today to switch the name plates, but now I'm thinking I should wait to see if he actually makes the team.

bazaaa*

I was going to go to the Jet's store today to switch the name plates, but now I'm thinking I should wait to see if he actually makes the team.

Who cares? If not this year, next year.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
If next year, then no real need to switch right now...and maybe Burmi will return and demand his number back

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I think it just says, you're not on the team anymore, so if someone wants your number, they can have it?

Why on earth would they reserve it for him.

Cause he's still the property of the Jets in the NHL and listed as a prospect (or in the system).

My point was, this seems to be fairly visible action by Jets management that says you're not here, so we've moved on. Folks could argue, Burmi didn't show loyalty by leaving... And there is definitely no loyalty shown to Burmi by Jets management by re-assigning his number.

They talked a pretty good game when he left, "he chose to continue his development in his homeland, still a good young prospect for them, interested to see his development in KHL". But, if they truly wanted to keep him in 'the fold' or he truly was a key player 'in the system' and likely to return, why wouldn't they reserve his number for him?

Edit: for instance, when Radulov left the Preds, no one wore #47 with the Preds the next 3 yrs, until he returned, albeit briefly. Now, 47 isn't a popular number, but if there was a good chance the player would return, wouldn't that be his number? Would have been interesting if Radulov had a more common number, what Preds would have done.

Last edited:

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
Burmistrov chose to play in the KHL as opposed to re-signing here and he isn't even wearing #8 there. It's ludicrous to believe that the Jets should reserve that number for him on the off chance he decides to return.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Burmistrov chose to play in the KHL as opposed to re-signing here and he isn't even wearing #8 there. It's ludicrous to believe that the Jets should reserve that number for him on the off chance he decides to return.

Didn't say they should. My point is, fact they didn't, says they likely don't see him returning to the Jets at all.

If they thought he was a player that would return in near future, they may have held the number, you don't know. That would be a sign of 'good faith' by the team. Fact they didn't, I would think we've seen the last of Burmi in a Jets jersey, but maybe not in the NHL.

Moving on, really like the fact Trouba has #8 now.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB

The fact that he actually changed his number is a good sign. Whether or not he sticks for the year remains to be seen, but he's playing tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->