Confirmed with Link: Trouba Requests Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
They worked out the deal while in Detroit...probably because they wanted Holland there to work out the details of the trade.

We needed a top-9 type player up, but chose Bertuzzi over Mantha.

Incoming trade involving Mantha++

...none of this is actually going to happen

pretty much.

If the wings had what the jets were looking for / willing to part with what they're demanding, trouba would already be Wing. Not sure him signing a contract changes that reality.

probably should all just resign ourselves to the fact that the team is what it is at this point

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

What Cyborg Yzerberg meant to say is, "While Tatar is a cheap scoring winger, his value is not anywhere near close enough to wrangle away a potential top young defender in Trouba. The 2nd is a throw in that doesn't massage the deal either."

Tatar's value right now is in the gutter. Teams didn't even jump on Hudler in free agency and he has years of data backing him up as a top 6 player. Tatar is younger, but that's about it.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Sadly, Wings just don't have the horses to pull in Trouba. At least not for what Chevy was reportedly asking.

I can definitely see him getting traded elsewhere, though, with Jets getting closer to what they'd like in return.

$3m X 2 is much more easily tradeable than ? X ?

Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru
Given the term and length of the contract, as well as how resolute he was in holding out for a trade, as well as where he spent his time while sitting out, I can't shake the feeling that we'll be looking at Trouba as a possible signing or trade in a year or two.

It won't help us any at the moment, but adding one defenseman, albeit a significant addition, wouldn't solidify us as anything more than a wildcard team. This team WILL rebuild whether Holland, the Wings front office, and Ownership want it to or not, there simply isn't the skill to compete with teams that already have rebuilt.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Ehh, Trouba probably signed the deal to facilitate a trade. If he really wanted out of Winnipeg, signing a sweetheart deal like that puts half the league in the running.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
What Cyborg Yzerberg meant to say is, "While Tatar is a cheap scoring winger, his value is not anywhere near close enough to wrangle away a potential top young defender in Trouba. The 2nd is a throw in that doesn't massage the deal either."

Tatar's value right now is in the gutter. Teams didn't even jump on Hudler in free agency and he has years of data backing him up as a top 6 player. Tatar is younger, but that's about it.

I'm a heel, Bench. And I appreciate you translating for my heelish remarks.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Cap wise it's a lot easier. But yeah, value wise this doesn't help any other team.

Unless the word was out among GMs and Overhardt that Trouba had his heart set on the Wings/ USA.

There's no way Toronto is going to pony up if Trouba is unsigned and allegedly only wants to play in the States. And there's no way Boston/NYR are going to pony up for an unsigned Trouba if he only wants to play in Detroit. Either way, any club getting the kid now can at least bank on sweetalking him into fulfilling his deal and Winnipeg, on the flipside, doesn't have to lead trade talks with reassurances that Trouba will sign.

Overall, I have my doubts that ANY GM would've made a palatable offer to Chevy for an unsigned, restless, young defenseman coming off a mediocre season. The allegations that it was Larkin or bust for the Wings is a joke, like all other rumors. Never does the team marketing the player call the shots. Instead, I think signing Trouba indicates to the rest of the league that is not Detroit/American that Trouba has a contract to fulfill, if traded. Instead, it's a matter of putting Detroit's/America's feet to the fire by getting him signed.

And it's a win-win for both parties if a trade hold-up was all about him being unsigned.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
It's Kenny people! We have Kronwall back it's like getting a number one guy on D. We are stuck with what we have.

Nah. I disagree. The organization knows that they can market Michigan-born products, even if we suck. And this organization has been all about the bottom line ever since Mike faltered nearly a decade ago.

To their credit, they've pegged the NHL market for their team: gritty guys and homegrown boys. Both types engender sympathy from the fans and it might be enough to tide the masses over until the skill returns.

To that end, I wouldn't be shocked if they aren't targeting the hell out of a righty like Trouba because he makes so much organizational sense. Is he the best guy to bet all your chips on if you want to win games? No. But he's a great guy to market if you can't rely on the Euro Twins to do your marketing for you on the ice.

Id bet my bucket on two things happening:

1) We acquire Trouba in the near future.

2) We see a marketing scheme based on the "Michigan Five": Glen/Larkin/Abby with DD/Trouba.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Ahhh, years and years of more Russians and Swedes than any other team, constantly being called soft euros, etc.

Pick up a couple Americans and it becomes some vast conspiracy where the goal is to be mediocre but sell tickets to the fans who can't help but think "I'VE HEARD OF THAT CITY"

doesn't sound crazy at all

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Unless the word was out among GMs and Overhardt that Trouba had his heart set on the Wings/ USA.

His current deal ends with him as a RFA so it is going to be awhile before he has the leverage to actually dictate that.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Jeff Moss from Detroit Sports Rag says they're getting Trouba. Moss is crazy but he's broken multiple big stories in the past:

Take it with a grain of salt but I won't be surprised if this ends up happening.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Jeff Moss from Detroit Sports Rag says they're getting Trouba. Moss is crazy but he's broken multiple big stories in the past:

Take it with a grain of salt but I won't be surprised if this ends up happening.

I'm taking it with a grain of salt the size of a boulder. Especially since his "source" is a reader of his site, and he admits he has no clue of the validity.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Yeah that only way Trouba is coming home to Detroit, Is if Larkin goes to Winnipeg and maybe Smith as well as we would need to clear a D man out and Smith is pretty much gone after this year any ways. And Larkin isn't happening.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Yeah that only way Trouba is coming home to Detroit, Is if Larkin goes to Winnipeg and maybe Smith as well as we would need to clear a D man out and Smith is pretty much gone after this year any ways. And Larkin isn't happening.
That's if you think Winnipeg has the power in this situation. It's extremely unlikely that teams who can't offer the location and role that Trouba wants are offering players of the Larkin-caliber. And if other teams aren't doing that, why would Detroit who can offer the best combination of those two things and thus has the best chance of extending him long-term without issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad