Trouba pulls a Matheson

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
That one looks worse to me than Matheson's hit. Matheson's take-down wasn't a hockey check, but I think the result there was worse than the conduct. Trouba here gets his elbow up to the head and follows through all the way down to the ice. Those kind of targeted head strikes are exactly the type of thing the league needs to get rid of.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'd say Trouba's was a reverse Russian leg sweep
It really does look like a pro wrestling finishing move.

Ended up with his arm behind the hurricane players head and dropped him face first to the ice.

Came player looked dazed afterwards. Hope he’s ok.

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
The reality is people don’t care unless someone gets hurt. I had no problem with either play personally(S*** happens fast out there) but the league generally only looks into things where an injury takes place and fans get upset.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Gotta suspend him if you're going to suspend Matheson. If anything, this is way worse.

giphy.gif
Nah definitely not.. this is legit suspension worthy. The hit on EP was not

Dexter Colt

Oct 29, 2007
Mendham, NJ
I'd say Trouba's was a reverse Russian leg sweep
Kind of, yeah. It's a push, not a pull, though. But it lacks the headlock and downward force of a DDT :laugh:

On topic, I think it looks kind of inadvertent; Trouba sees puck moving one way, is tangled up, and bad shit ensues.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
What is this thread? Will there be a new thread for every board battle where someone falls down now? Pettersson will be back in 5-7 days and will be fine, so will this dude that Trouba touched. Everyone is fine!

Whileee

May 29, 2010
When you have Foster Hewitt with the play-by-play, who cares about video quality?

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
Agreed. He kicks out his leg and drives his head into the ice with an elbow.
Anyone who watches it closely can see that the Carolina player is pinning Trouba to the boards illegally even though the puck isn't there. Could be Carolina for interference.
My Grandpa was a kid at that game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad