Recalled/Assigned: Trouba placed on IR, Pardy called up

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
Trouba's Tweet made me love him even more. Said the boards weren't edible hahaha love his spirits even though that looked like a nasty injury. Can't wait til the kid gets back, seems like everything should heal up fine?

hockey-brent

Sep 1, 2006
Winnipeg
Ironically enough, I placed my Trouba jersey order with Jets Gear yesterday afternoon (day of the injury) and it should be available for pickup just in time for his return. :yo:

Get well soon Jacob!

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com

I've been waiting so long to use this:

BW_vI8_CIAEKtDs.jpg

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Don't take this the wrong way, but going from this, and your post in the Enstrom/Buff thread, I get the feeling you tend to make more out of a handful of mistakes then one should or is necessary. Mistakes from our top 4 will happen no matter what. They'll be facing the toughest competition all year long and you won't be completely shutting down teams' top lines every night.

The two things I felt like Trouba has done real well this year was to limit his mistakes, and at times be a gamebreaker while not hurting the team. He would have obviously hit a wall at some point, but I don't think it would have been as bad as you might think. He seems to have enough smarts between his ears to limit how much of a down period he would eventually have. He reads plays well.

Running full speed, face first into the boards is not the sort of mistake you can afford to make very often. When you try and do to much, bad things happen and 8 has been trying to do too much.

Rook37

Feb 22, 2013
Winnipeg
Running full speed, face first into the boards is not the sort of mistake you can afford to make very often. When you try and do to much, bad things happen and 8 has been trying to do too much.

To be fair, this doesn't seem like the kind of mistake you make more than once.

Unless of course your last name is Telegin

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

You can't possibly be serious.

I'm guessing you've never played hockey before with a comment like that. Trouba was making a good, aggressive, forechecking play. **** happens. I hope Trouba won't change a damned thing and I know he won't. Players do exactly that play over and over again. It was just bad luck.

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Kichton is likely quite a bit down the list. I'd expect Chiarot and Melchiori to get recalled before him. Our depth at D is shallow though in terms of pro ready guys, waiver wire would likely come into play if we had long-term injuries to 2 or more guys at once.

Wouldn't have minded Chiarot getting a look, actually. Though maybe they want him playing big minutes with the Caps? I know +/- isn't the be all, end all, of stats, but when Pardy is a -4 and Chiarot is a +7, there's got to be something going on.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
If you want to put a kind of weird, positive spin on it, it's things like this that can sometimes contribute to team bonding. There was some post-game comments (from Wheels I think) about it rallying the team to play harder for the guy who went down. Not that you ever want it to happen that way.

every championship team has to have a guy go face first into the boards in order to bond. this explains everything.

you are very correct. he should dial his game down and i guarantee you that the # of times he runs full speed, face first into the boards will decrease. totally will see a positive correlation between his dial and the # of board runnings he has.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Kichton is likely quite a bit down the list. I'd expect Chiarot and Melchiori to get recalled before him. Our depth at D is shallow though in terms of pro ready guys, waiver wire would likely come into play if we had long-term injuries to 2 or more guys at once.

Please, take him. Seriously though, the guy is struggling at AHL caliber. I don't think hed settle for more then press box fodder

jetkarma*

You can't possibly be serious.

I'm guessing you've never played hockey before with a comment like that. Trouba was making a good, aggressive, forechecking play. **** happens. I hope Trouba won't change a damned thing and I know he won't. Players do exactly that play over and over again. It was just bad luck.

Like the comment Chevy made at the draft , commenting on maybe changing that Trouba ran a Canadian goalie at the world U17's , " I wouldn't change a thing " ... he won't lose the aggressive nature of his game . Thank god .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad