Recalled/Assigned: Trouba placed on IR, Pardy called up

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Redmond still hurt, other leg this time. Kinda surprised Kichton didn't get a shot.

They'll most likely go with Clitsome and Postma, no? In that case, Pardy will be doing press box duty - I'd personally rather see Kichton logging minutes with the IceCaps.

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
We really need to see Clitmore in the next couple of weeks. If Stu's still out I guess we can expect:

Enstrom Bogosian
Clitty Byfuglien
Pardy Postma

Or swap Pardy for Stuart when he's back in.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
In this case this is not possible. You cannot make it retroactive past a game played. Cannot start before today.

Right in the link at the top:

The Winnipeg Jets also announced they have placed defenceman Jacob Trouba on the Injured Reserve List retroactive to Oct. 18/13.

A lot of time a team will wait a week then put the player on IR retroactive to that week. Just in case they need them during that week, I'm sure there's other implications as well. Not saying this towards you specifically, but rather to anyone generally.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Darren bauming

Jacob Trouba says docs are calling it a sprain to neck ligaments. He will rest for a couple weeks before another MRI. http://t.co/cNM85oruzy

Was honestly thinking it was something involving his neck. Didn't see any facial damage after it happened and didn't seem like a concussion even though it obviously was possible. That combined with his reaction had me possibly thinking something with regards to his neck. Just hope he doesn't miss too much time.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
I am surprised Trouba is not in some sort of air suspended floating cast and not allowed to move for two weeks.

The silver lining is he gets to rest. I don't think he could have carried on for another 70 games playing 25 minutes a night. You could see some mistakes in his game just starting to emerge. he did make an awful turnover prior to the injury.

This is not a knock against him, I just think you need to be super cautious with young defenceman who have the potential to be as great as him.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I am surprised Trouba is not in some sort of air suspended floating cast and not allowed to move for two weeks.

The silver lining is he gets to rest. I don't think he could have carried on for another 70 games playing 25 minutes a night. You could see some mistakes in his game just starting to emerge. he did make an awful turnover prior to the injury.

This is not a knock against him, I just think you need to be super cautious with young defenceman who have the potential to be as great as him.

Don't take this the wrong way, but going from this, and your post in the Enstrom/Buff thread, I get the feeling you tend to make more out of a handful of mistakes then one should or is necessary. Mistakes from our top 4 will happen no matter what. They'll be facing the toughest competition all year long and you won't be completely shutting down teams' top lines every night.

The two things I felt like Trouba has done real well this year was to limit his mistakes, and at times be a gamebreaker while not hurting the team. He would have obviously hit a wall at some point, but I don't think it would have been as bad as you might think. He seems to have enough smarts between his ears to limit how much of a down period he would eventually have. He reads plays well.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
If you want to put a kind of weird, positive spin on it, it's things like this that can sometimes contribute to team bonding. There was some post-game comments (from Wheels I think) about it rallying the team to play harder for the guy who went down. Not that you ever want it to happen that way.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Redmond still hurt, other leg this time. Kinda surprised Kichton didn't get a shot.

Kichton is likely quite a bit down the list. I'd expect Chiarot and Melchiori to get recalled before him. Our depth at D is shallow though in terms of pro ready guys, waiver wire would likely come into play if we had long-term injuries to 2 or more guys at once.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Don't take this the wrong way, but going from this, and your post in the Enstrom/Buff thread, I get the feeling you tend to make more out of a handful of mistakes then one should or is necessary. Mistakes from our top 4 will happen no matter what. They'll be facing the toughest competition all year long and you won't be completely shutting down teams' top lines every night.

The two things I felt like Trouba has done real well this year was to limit his mistakes, and at times be a gamebreaker while not hurting the team. He would have obviously hit a wall at some point, but I don't think it would have been as bad as you might think. He seems to have enough smarts between his ears to limit how much of a down period he would eventually have. He reads plays well.

To be entirely honest, I have PTSD from Jets 1.0 when the year after Selanne scored 76 goals they traded Housley for Quintal and Nelson Emerson.... then they decided to go with Ulanov, Mironov and Sergei Bautin as part of the top 4. Teppo Numminen should have asked for a trade.

Anyone else remember that? It was horrific.

Hell I would be happy if they played the neutral zone trap all year to get the goals against down.

PTSD aside, there is a logical argument for sheltering 19 year old defensemen. A pretty strong one actually. Bogosian should have been sheltered, Pietrangelo was brought along slowly and I think the results in both cases speak for themselves.

We are just really lucky Bogo is in a new situation with Charlie Huddy and he can get things back on track.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013

I should also say that Buff and Enstrom were great last night. They were just fantastic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad