Value of: Trouba-Patrick

Yes or no

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

93oilerfan93

Apr 2, 2018
Im just curious from both fan bases on the value of the players and what you would want for them and if a trade would work between WPG and PHI (Trouba signs with PHI)

Philly have sanhiem(Left Handed) and myers playing the right side, so not sure what there plan is for their team

Last edited:

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Patrick for Trouba doesn’t work. Trouba is one year away from UFA and Patrick still has 5 cost controlled years left. There is also the potential side for Patrick, he hasn’t fulfilled that as of yet. Flyer fans don’t expect him to be a superstar level player but more so a 60 point two way center at his peak.

When was the last time a top 5 pick D+2 was traded for a player who is one year away from UFA?

I love Trouba as a player too but if I had to take an educated guess, Patrick wouldn’t a piece going to Winnipeg.

93oilerfan93

Apr 2, 2018
Patrick for Trouba doesn’t work. Trouba is one year away from UFA and Patrick still has 5 cost controlled years left. There is also the potential side for Patrick, he hasn’t fulfilled that as of yet. Flyer fans don’t expect him to be a superstar level player but more so a 60 point two way center at his peak.

When was the last time a top 5 pick D+2 was traded for a player who is one year away from UFA?

I love Trouba as a player too but if I had to take an educated guess, Patrick wouldn’t a piece going to Winnipeg.

I mean if a player like Nolan Patrick is invoved then their would be a deal worked between trouba and phi

This is of the assumption that trouba signs with PHI

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
I mean if a player like Nolan Patrick is invoved then their would be a deal worked between trouba and phi

Exactly this. An extended Trouba for Nolan Patrick would be a great trade for both teams. I can't for the life of me fathom how anyone could think otherwise.

Reactions: DarthProbert

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia

Even then, Patrick wouldn’t be the piece going back. Just based off history former #2 picks aren’t moved in deals like this previous to their ELC expiring. Maybe if Patrick was finished his fourth year and still not living up to expectations in Philly.

From a cap management perspective and the value of his potential a deal involving just Patrick and Trouba doesn’t make sense.

Now if it was a bigger deal around several pieces going both ways I could see it.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Exactly this. An extended Trouba for Nolan Patrick would be a great trade for both teams. I can't for the life of me fathom how anyone could think otherwise.

It’s pretty easy to fathom when you realize the Flyers NHL center depth after this trade is Couturier, Laughton and.... nope. That’s it.

Reactions: Tripod

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Assuming Hayes and Trouba sign in PHI, I'd do this deal from either side. Good hockey trade. Addresses both teams' needs, no 5-nickels-for-a-quarter BS, no bad contracts or busts, and is bold. Lets Winnipeg shop Little separately for even more cap space to sign Connor and Laine and whomever replaces Trouba.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
What if they sign hayes and give frost center minutes in back half of season
More multiple what if's.

If we sign Hayes
If Frost is ready
If Trouba wants to sign

Plus, Jets need a #2C. And in every thread, they say Patrick is not one yet so clearly the Jeys will look elsewhere to another team.

Close the thread at this point. We have 3 threads all rehashing the exact same thing.

Reactions: Starat327
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad