Trouba or Chychrun (now and future)?

Which player would you prefer on your team for both the present and future?

• Total voters

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Chychrun almost solely due to the contract difference between the two. Trouba sure as hell isn't an $8 million player.
Being a fan of both teams, Trouba has been worth 8 mil. Chych is underrated but Trouba has been incredible as of late. I think Chych will catch up to Trouba defensively but I don’t think he has the offensive upside to be as good

JohnnyBerts

Oct 30, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
If you're talking contract and future I'm taking 21 year Chych over 25 year old Trouba. Trouba has been outstanding this year, and I liked him last year too. Strictly contracts and age, Chych - he looks better and better every night.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Being a fan of both teams, Trouba has been worth 8 mil. Chych is underrated but Trouba has been incredible as of late. I think Chych will catch up to Trouba defensively but I don’t think he has the offensive upside to be as good
Chychrun is already better defensively, so what is he catching up to? Trouba's notoriously been a better offensive than defensive player in his career.

Reactions: Dominance

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Chychrun is already better defensively, so what is he catching up to? Trouba's notoriously been a better offensive than defensive player in his career.
I’m more of a Yotes fan than a Rangers fan, Chych is a bit smarter with his decision making but he isn’t on Trouba’s level defensively (yet.) While Trouba has made some dumb mistakes this season, he’s still better purely defensively. Chych needs to be a bit more physical imo but he’ll be a very good (but not great) defenseman. He’s a solid middle pair D right now while Trouba is comfortably a 2D. Don’t think Chych has the offensive upside to reach top pair level but as a high end defensive 3D.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They'll probably end up as similar caliber players with a slight edge to Trouba for better offense, but Trouba is considerably better right now. Chychrun is just starting his career and has missed a lot of time due to injury, Trouba is a veteran by now and in the prime of his career.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg

Trouba's prone to bonehead plays defensively, but he's never been notoriously a better offensive than defensive dman. The Jets always used him to PK in a more defensive role, not only because they had Byfuglien and Myers who could handle the PP, but because Trouba sucked on the PP. He was pretty good at putting up numbers in even strength situations over the years, but I doubt you'd find too many Jets fans who would consider him some kind of offensive dynamo in comparison to his defensive game... lol

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->