News Article: Trouba Gets Two

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Yeah, the idea where a team decides which games of the current season player will miss IMO is the best one.

But then like Nyquil posted in the other thread, you shouldn't be able to hold another team hostage like that.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
But then like Nyquil posted in the other thread, you shouldn't be able to hold another team hostage like that.

you definitely should and it would cut the crap out almost immediately

if you have a dumb*** on your team, chances are you know who they are (there are so many examples in the trouba thread on the main forum where he leads with his elbow out) and as of right now its a joke in terms of which games he misses. But im telling you if karlsson/stone/hoffman/turris/hell anyone minus neil/kelly/lazar/boro did something stupid enough to cost them games v our division or rival teams i would be more pissed at our guys then the suspension itself and im sure the guys in the lockeroom would be too

give teams 24 hours after suspension has been handed out to pick which games said player cant play, if he is injured at the time of one of the games then team has ability to choose another game

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
LOL, 2 games for that? Yeah I'm an Ottawa fan, we're all Ottawa fans here too but even if there was no bias here I think we could all agree something like this should have been 5 games at least.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
LOL, 2 games for that? Yeah I'm an Ottawa fan, we're all Ottawa fans here too but even if there was no bias here I think we could all agree something like this should have been 5 games at least.

Nope I'm perfectly fine with 2. It was a poorly timed hit that got the head and not the body. It sucks but I do not think he intentionally went for the head by any means.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
you definitely should and it would cut the crap out almost immediately

if you have a dumb*** on your team, chances are you know who they are (there are so many examples in the trouba thread on the main forum where he leads with his elbow out) and as of right now its a joke in terms of which games he misses. But im telling you if karlsson/stone/hoffman/turris/hell anyone minus neil/kelly/lazar/boro did something stupid enough to cost them games v our division or rival teams i would be more pissed at our guys then the suspension itself and im sure the guys in the lockeroom would be too

give teams 24 hours after suspension has been handed out to pick which games said player cant play, if he is injured at the time of one of the games then team has ability to choose another game

How would this work with call ups? Or players that don't usually dress all the time?

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Two games is the going rate for first time offenders, so I'm not surprised. I think the precedent has been set too low for shots to the head, as some have already said, in a league that claims to be clamping down on checks where the head is the prime point of contact. In terms of recent suspensions, this is the standard, sadly.

All things considered, I would say the there is much more of a silver lining all around with the injury situation. Stone isn't concussed, which is positive, obviously. Hoffman is on the trip too, admittedly with one of those pesky type injuries, but he's on the trip. It sucks that Bobby is on the shelf for the next month especially when he was looking like more of a force of late, but again, he's slated to be back at some point before the playoffs if they can battle their way in. Wingels is fine.

Time for some trap-em up Boucher hockey to hopefully steal some on the road.

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
Give a love tap to a REF=10 games

Predatory hit with the head being the main point of contact potentially ending the career of one of our stars=2 games

This league is a ****ing joke

Last edited:

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
We were trying to win the game.

Every single point is needed as it is now and we couldn't afford taking an instigation penalty at the time of the tackle. You'll get your blood next time we face the Jets.

Yah, I remember when Matt Cooke came back...(stern talking to)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->