Value of: Trouba for T. Johnson +

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Ok good, yes much perfer JT Miller.

JT Miller & Foote for Trouba, access to talk contract before trade albeit the contract cannot be announced until after Jan 1st & winger prospect not named Roslovic or Vesalainen or 3rd pick.

We aren’t trading Foote on the chance that Trouba might resign with us - we’d need Trouba locked up long term ahead of time and sign and trades never actually happen in the real world. If you really want Miller we could add a small plus to him to get Trouba with no signed extension but I don’t know why you’d do that given your depth on the wing (Miller is great at faceoffs but aside from that nothing in his game indicates that he’d be a good center.)

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
Ok good, yes much perfer JT Miller.

JT Miller & Foote for Trouba, access to talk contract before trade albeit the contract cannot be announced until after Jan 1st & winger prospect not named Roslovic or Vesalainen or 3rd pick.
With JT Miller & Foote it should give TB the cap space to trade for Trouba but I certainly can't see the Jets adding. If anything I'd hope that Chevy held out for Raddysh above those 2.
I don't see Miller as the answer @ 2C but rather as an expensive sidekick for Lowry since he wouldn't replace any of our top 6 wingers either.

Reactions: Snowman

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
With JT Miller & Foote it should give TB the cap space to trade for Trouba but I certainly can't see the Jets adding. If anything I'd hope that Chevy held out for Raddysh above those 2.
I don't see Miller as the answer @ 2C but rather as an expensive sidekick for Lowry since he wouldn't replace any of our top 6 wingers either.

It doesn’t: Miller’s cap hit already has to go after next season to afford the players we already have. If you’re referring to the idea of us taking Trouba as a rental then that would work (at least for one season) but we aren’t including Foote for anything less than Trouba already locked up with a long term deal.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
You would rather have Raddysh than Miller???

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
You would rather have Raddysh than Miller???
I said Miller, Foote & Raddysh.
Although Miller is mainly there to make the cap work. 5.25 x 5 is very expensive for a 3rd liner to play a shutdown role. Maybe after Chevy can convince Bergeron that Miller is that 1C he's been looking for & trade him to get Armia back with a pick added. :D

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I said Miller, Foote & Raddysh.
Although Miller is mainly there to make the cap work. 5.25 x 5 is very expensive for a 3rd liner to play a shutdown role. Maybe after Chevy can convince Bergeron that Miller is that 1C he's been looking for & trade him to get Armia back with a pick added. :D
Miller is not a third liner

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
Miller is not a third liner
Depends on the team.
Do you see him as better than Connor/Elhers or Wheeler/Laine on the Jets if used as a winger?
As a center he doesn't look like a better option than Little as 2C even if Little didn't have chemistry with Elhers & Laine.

Previously Little worked well with Wheeler so I wonder if the option there might be to move Scheifele between the 2 Euro kids with Little between Wheeler & Connor. Basically a question for other Jets fans.

Reactions: Snowman

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Depends on the team.
Do you see him as better than Connor/Elhers or Wheeler/Laine on the Jets if used as a winger?
As a center he doesn't look like a better option than Little as 2C even if Little didn't have chemistry with Elhers & Laine.

Previously Little worked well with Wheeler so I wonder if the option there might be to move Scheifele between the 2 Euro kids with Little between Wheeler & Connor. Basically a question for other Jets fans.
I would say at the moment miller is still ahead of Connor. The others I agree.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
it’s kind of ridiculous around these boards lately. Not that I think Johnson has great value right now and not to speak on any specific offers in this thread, but apparently there’s way more superstars in the league than I thought there were based off of some of the reactions around here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Depends on the team.

That doesn't fly. He was a 1st liner for us, and we were perhaps the best offensive team of the past decade last season.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
it’s kind of ridiculous around these boards lately. Not that I think Johnson has great value right now and not to speak on any specific offers in this thread, but apparently there’s way more superstars in the league than I thought there were based off of some of the reactions around here.
All Jets are super-stars. Even the football players.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Why do you think so? Not trying to push the deal or anything, just interested. WPG is definitely a team on the rise and they're already one of the best teams in the West.

I think he says no because he wants to be a Lightning, he signed that bargain (at the time) deal with a NTC for a reason. He will also be taxed triple on each home game played so that's a significant hit to his real dollars salary.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Would the plus on Johnson actually be something good? Or just Tyler Johnson and some junk.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Would the plus on Johnson actually be something good? Or just Tyler Johnson and some junk.

Frankly you’d be lucky to get Johnson. Good top six centers on affordable longterm deals have a lot of value and Trouba has only two years of team control remaining. If you don’t want Johnson (as some of your fellow Jets fans have already indicated) that’s perfectly fine but if you do want him don’t be expecting much else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad