Value of: Trouba for T. Johnson +

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I could see Foote+Girardi+Joseph+2nd or something

Again, if Trouba were locked up long term to a team-friendly deal and we had a plan in place to clear the necessary cap space then sure, but as things stand he could walk in two years and as such simply is not worth Foote.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Johnson isn't much of an upgrade on Little if anything.

Point on the other hand..

Again, Point and Serg aren’t going anywhere and without Trouba already being signed to a longterm deal neither is Foote.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Again, if Trouba were locked up long term to a team-friendly deal and we had a plan in place to clear the necessary cap space then sure, but as things stand he could walk in two years and as such simply is not worth Foote.
It’s worth the upgrade for 1 big run this year. Wouldn’t give up a Point or a Sergachev but a Foote I would.

Reactions: untouchable21

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Considering the return for Rick Nash at the TDL, I hope to hell we can get a better return than Tyler Johnson if we are trading Trouba! It starts with Sergachev (possible 1:1) then goes to Foote +. TJ would be ++. With Hedman and McD locked up, do you need Sergs?? A Hedman/Trouba, McD/Strahlman would be deadly.

The problem starts with the fact we are both in win now modes. Trades like this only happen at TDLines with teams out of the running. Look what Boston had to pay for Nash. Winnipeg will get much better offers than Tyler Johnson

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
I feel like jets defense can afford to lose Trouba at least somewhat

Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ehlers-Johnson-Laine
Perreault-Little-Roslovic
Tanev-Lowry-Copp

Is loaded. Jets fans keep complaining about their hole at 2c and Johnson could be an answer, and if they think Trouba will leave for nothing in 2020 then it makes some sense

I can virtually guarantee that Trouba won't be leaving Winnipeg for nothing, at any point.

Jets are still somewhat in control as they can ship him to NHL Siberia wherever that is before the end of 19-20 if they offer enough and ok Jacob, win a Cup there.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Considering the return for Rick Nash at the TDL, I hope to hell we can get a better return than Tyler Johnson if we are trading Trouba! It starts with Sergachev (possible 1:1) then goes to Foote +. TJ would be ++. With Hedman and McD locked up, do you need Sergs?? A Hedman/Trouba, McD/Strahlman would be deadly.

The problem starts with the fact we are both in win now modes. Trades like this only happen at TDLines with teams out of the running. Look what Boston had to pay for Nash. Winnipeg will get much better offers than Tyler Johnson

I can understand not wanting Johnson but at the same time you have to realize that Trouba with only two years of team control doesn’t come close to landing someone like Sergachev, who has already looked very good at the NHL level in his rookie season (at 19yo no less) and who has another two years left on his ELC. Foote is at least debatable as he has yet to set a skate on NHL ice, but based on the reports that Yzerman wouldn’t trade him for two years of Karlsson I’d say it’s highly unlikely he’d give up Foote here.

I agree that with both teams looking to win now and being deep at forward that we don’t make very good trading partners. We don’t really need Trouba and can’t afford him without gutting our forward depth, and you’re probably better keeping him for another season and then if it seems like you won’t be able to resign him trading him for futures at that time.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
It’s worth the upgrade for 1 big run this year. Wouldn’t give up a Point or a Sergachev but a Foote I would.

I’m assuming your plan would be to trade Miller, use the cap space for one year with Trouba, and then flip Trouba to partially recover the assets spent acquiring him? It’s an interesting option that wouldn’t require us to completely gut our forward depth going forward. But Foote projects as a solid top four defenseman with top pairing upside; considering all he’ll need to do for us is play solid defense and not get in Hedman’s way I’m pretty confident he’ll be successful there. I don’t ilke the idea of giving that up for one big run - better to plan to be competitive over the long haul than to push all our chips to the middle and hope we get lucky one year.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
If the Jets do trade Trouba, I'd think they'd want a high potential D prospect and a pick. Losing his contract will make next summer a hell of a lot easier for Chevy

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
I can understand not wanting Johnson but at the same time you have to realize that Trouba with only two years of team control doesn’t come close to landing someone like Sergachev, who has already looked very good at the NHL level in his rookie season (at 19yo no less) and who has another two years left on his ELC. Foote is at least debatable as he has yet to set a skate on NHL ice, but based on the reports that Yzerman wouldn’t trade him for two years of Karlsson I’d say it’s highly unlikely he’d give up Foote here.

I agree that with both teams looking to win now and being deep at forward that we don’t make very good trading partners. We don’t really need Trouba and can’t afford him without gutting our forward depth, and you’re probably better keeping him for another season and then if it seems like you won’t be able to resign him trading him for futures at that time.

Fully agree with that, only way I see TBay trading with Peg is a 3 way so TB can get rid of some cap.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
If the Jets do trade Trouba, I'd think they'd want a high potential D prospect and a pick. Losing his contract will make next summer a hell of a lot easier for Chevy

Makes sense. I think you’d have a better chance of getting that from a team with more cap space and in greater need of a defenseman of Trouba’s caliber - for instance Toronto would be a good trading partner if they thought they could resign him. We already have Hedman, McDonagh, and Sergachev in our top four for the next several years so we really just need somebody who can handle the minutes and play competent defense opposite Hedman on a cheap salary; Trouba would be wonderful to have but one of Foote or Cernak should be able to handle the role at a significantly lower price which would allow us to keep our forward depth intact in the process.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Unless the Jets can get a deal that's clearly better than what they'd get for him as a rental in 2 years, which most proposals on these boards are not, they can hold on to him. As of January they can negotiate trades where the interested team can agree on a long-term contract in advance.

So all these proposals stating they're only getting him for 2 years are based on a logical fallacy that the Jets have to trade him now and only now, that his value is going down and that the Jets can't use him somehow for the next 2 years otherwise.

Reactions: Mork and Snowman

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Unless the Jets can get a deal that's clearly better than what they'd get for him as a rental in 2 years, which most proposals on these boards are not, they can hold on to him. As of January they can negotiate trades where the interested team can agree on a long-term contract in advance.

So all these proposals stating they're only getting him for 2 years are based on a logical fallacy that the Jets have to trade him now and only now, that his value is going down and that the Jets can't use him somehow for the next 2 years otherwise.

So to reply more specifically, start with Point or Sergachev, otherwise forget it.

Reactions: jgimp and Snowman

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Yup

Niku eliminates the need for LHD ideally, he was top D in the entire AHL.

Roslovic is our future 2C, zero interest in Johnson. Roslovic looked great last year with limited ice time and line mates.

I’m all for keeping Trouba this year for another push for the cup, then he either extends or is traded next summer. His return will be determined by how Niku & Roslovic do this year....if both do well then we can trade Trouba for prospects alone, especially a good D prospect next year. Offers in this thread are poor certainly worth way more to keep him another year on the Jets. Absolutely no reason to give him away for poor returns, much more valuable to the Jets for another cup run. Without the right offer to pry Trouba out of Winnipeg no reason chevy gives him away.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
No interest in Trouba, doesn't he want 8 a year? That's more than Hedman which is ridiculous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->