Value of: Trouba for T. Johnson +

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I thought he was your backup plan if you couldn't sign Karlsson. Don't let Karlsson go to LVGK.

I don't think so. Yzerman seems to be targeting Karlsson specifically, but it doesn't seem like he has plans B and C in place. I think he's just really enamored with Karlsson specifically.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I thought he was your backup plan if you couldn't sign Karlsson. Don't let Karlsson go to LVGK.

I dont think we have a backup plan honestly. I think we go into this year with what we got regardless if we dont get Karlsson. McDonagh and Miller will have more time here than they did before the playoffs so they are kind of our "big adds". Also our D and PK has new coaching this year so if they can play like the group they have on paper then that is a definite upgrade. Karlsson is one of the best in the league with an interest in signing here. I think SY will still see if we can get him, if not then we stay with the Yzerplan in draft and develop. We can still re-sign Stralman and Sergachev can play the right side too. Even prefers it. If we get Karlsson then we make room for him because thats what you do when you have a chance to acquire one of the best in the game. We may go for Trouba the next offseason if we strike out on Karlsson. I guess that wouldnt surprise me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad