Value of: Trouba for T. Johnson +

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Signing an MOU or any sort of binding deal other then an actual NHL contract would be deemed Circumvention by the NHL.

Yeah, not surprised. That was just a thought. Certainly verbal agreements are made before trades. That is obvious when a player is traded and almost immediately signs an extension. It couldn't be immediate in this case unless it didn't happen until Jan 1. The acquiring team would be pretty upset if the player reneged. I don't recall ever hearing of that happening. I can't say if waiting 5 months would lead to a change of heart.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Not sure what you are talking about. What reality? Your reality you present without a shred of evidence? You replied to me when I said there was no proof to what you have said. You have not brought any facts about where he wants to play. Any proof?

Why is Trouba's salary a disappointment to me?

You are really bad at this. You might want t9 delete your account because you are looking really bad right now.
Yeah .you got it all wrong....over your head I guess! You should take your own advice regards the account! Adios!

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Jets fans generally assume that TBL and Fla are 1-2 or 2-1 on Trouba's desired landing spot list. There is also the assumption that a deal is worked out ahead of time but it can't be signed until Jan 1/19.

Hedman and McDonagh are both lefties so the assumption is that Trouba plays 1RHD with Hedman. He replaces Stralman. The total TOI would likely depend on special teams time.

Another assumption from Jets fans is that if Yzerman was pursuing EK65, he must have a plan to manage the cap. He would only be interested in Trouba if he doesn't get Karlsson.
Unfortunately the rumors are the basis for discussion.I am aware of the extension date,so technically he couldn't even agree to a deal till then? If so,that is another variable to consider.
Either partner would be nice duo for Tampa! 20 min.plus should be a given in that case.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We can't acquire Trouba unless it's for Sergachev which doesn't make sense for us. We have Hedman and McDonagh locked up long term and will need to pay Sergachev in two years when Trouba will be getting his 8 or close to it. In two years Sergachev should be on Trouba's level or close to it but will be making much less. For Karlsson I would trade Sergachev because he's an elite player, for Trouba I don't and I wouldn't pay him 8 either.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
@Mortimer Snerd i would agree Foote and an add is fair. Would Tampa do it? If they like their chances of Trouba extending, sure. Can tampa afford it cap wise? Well that depends on the add, but Johnson or Miller as the add doesn’t work for us.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I don`t mind J. Trouba for us Rangers, but maybe we wait so we can him for free like JT. ;)

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Still looking for proof of what you are saying. It's a pretty simple thing. Just link an interview. Why is this so hard for you?
Proof of what? I suspect there has been a misunderstanding here somewhere! I am the one who stated that I have no evidence in regard to any rumor (which appears to be the sole basis for Trouba dicussion)
The facts are : Arbitration says he is worth 5.5 m /year....He probably isn't happy with that! Also, He did request a trade at one time, which led to the conclusion that he wanted out!
So, I'm thinking this affects his value! Not sure what else you thought I was getting at!

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Don't worry about it TBL. You can have Trouba for free in 2 years. Did I say free? I meant $7-8 million a year.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Unfortunately the rumors are the basis for discussion.I am aware of the extension date,so technically he couldn't even agree to a deal till then? If so,that is another variable to consider.
Either partner would be nice duo for Tampa! 20 min.plus should be a given in that case.

I don't know if they are allowed to talk deal before the extension date or not. My guess is that they are allowed as long as nothing is signed but I'm only guessing.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
@Mortimer Snerd i would agree Foote and an add is fair. Would Tampa do it? If they like their chances of Trouba extending, sure. Can tampa afford it cap wise? Well that depends on the add, but Johnson or Miller as the add doesn’t work for us.

Some TBL fans have suggested that either or even both may need to move for cap reasons. If that is the case, why would they not work? Value? We could add, within reason - for Miller.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I think the Jets are better off giving the open middle-six C job to Roslovic. He looks like he's ready to bust out. He could be better than Johnson and will certainly cost less.

Reactions: TS Quint

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Yup. On a straight up trade where he is a happy player he would bring back a decent return. But ,this situation,where he wants out of the Peg combined with not knowing where else he wouldn't be happy (anywhere in Canada apparently), will he sign long term and also ,his debatable status as a first pairing Dman is all contributing to his diminishing value!
Nothing is getting crossed. Show me evidence #1 He doesn't want to be in Winnipeg. #2 He isn't happy in Winnipeg. #3 he is concerned about his status about being a "debatable #1"? Or when that was ever even a concern.

To anything I've ever seen his concern during his PREVIOUS contract negotiations was more about playing time, his preference to play the right side and maybe his partner. None of those things seem to be an issue at this point.

You asked me for evidence, see below. This was just a quick search.

Elliotte Friedman talks Jacob Trouba and the Winnipeg Jets | Illegal Curve Hockey

After past contract hassles, Jacob Trouba itching for new deal with Jets | CBC News

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Because we aren’t weakening our offense while also losing our top prospect. The value isn’t there for Tampa.

OK, but what about the suggestion that they need to be moved anyway for cap management? What about a possible add in the deal?

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
OK, but what about the suggestion that they need to be moved anyway for cap management? What about a possible add in the deal?

Right now we can fit everybody who matters by letting Stralman, Coburn, Girardi, and Callahan walk and by trading one ~$5M forward after next season (most likely Miller unless Yzerman can convince Killorn to waive.) If we can trade Callahan before the final year of his deal we could potentially keep that forward around another year depending on what Point and Gourde sign for.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
They may need to go anyway but they aren’t going with Foote. Johnson (or Miller)+ or Foote+, not both.

Foote+ only happens if we’re getting an extended Trouba. Miller+ could happen for an unsigned Trouba, though Stralman+ would probably make more sense for both teams. And I’m not sure we’d do Johnson for two years of Trouba - I could see it if we didn’t already have Stralman for next season but as things stand we’d be opening up a big hole without filling one in the process. IMO we’d only do it if Yzerman is willing to gamble on being able to resign Trouba, thinks Johnson will fall off in the near future, and thinks Miller will suddenly start showing up in the postseason.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Are we even rumored to be in discussions for him? He seems like an unlikely target for us.

Agreed. We can’t afford him in the long term and we’ve got Stralman for next season. I think the talk here comes from the fact that we’ve been involved in discussions about Karlsson, but doing our due diligence when a superstar potentially becomes available doesn’t mean we’re going to gut our roster for a lesser player, especially when he isn’t a need.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
bolts add. Johnson has only gotten more than 50pts once in his career.
I don't see him as more than a 20-25g/45-50pt guy personally
Yeah, if those two seasons he had gotten 51 points instead of 50 his value would be so much higher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->