Confirmed with Link: Trotz will not return as caps coach

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Well, that's rather awkward. A Reirden promotion to follow no doubt and I suspect Lambert follows Trotz wherever he goes.

Bieronymus Trotz

Sep 4, 2017
It'll be interesting to see what else gets reported now. Friedman's tweets make it sound like this was Ted being cheap, but maybe the sticking points really related to the other "issues" they had to work out.

Caps offered him 2 year extension. He declined
That's not what Friedman said.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
It'll be interesting to see what else gets reported now. Friedman's tweets make it sound like this was Ted being cheap, but maybe the sticking points really related to the other "issues" they had to work out.

That's not what Friedman said.

It says that he wasant a free agent and that there was a 2 year extension for winning cup

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Caps offered him 2 year extension. He declined

I'd assume the issues are exactly what Friedman stated above. The extension was due to kick in but the $$ wasn't market value compared to top coaches

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I hope this wasn't a case of Leonsis and Patrick just being cheapasses when it comes to coaching contracts, and more just a case of Trotz deciding it's time to move on.

I get that there was an extension in place for winning the Cup but they certainly had to be able to re-negotiate, right?

Bieronymus Trotz

Sep 4, 2017
I'd assume the issues are exactly what Friedman stated above. The extension was due to kick in but the $$ wasn't market value compared to top coaches
Yeah, that's the simplest explanation. Just amazing that they're that cheap. Never mind that it's bad in the terms Ted cares about to be seen as that cheap.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Interesting times... I hope that everything was handled well and there are no hard feelings for anyone.

The proof will be in the pudding with respect Reirden’s success/ability.

If we don’t go back to back, there will always be questions now.....

Reactions: blindsideheadshot

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The only thing that makes sense is if that random report from one of the other threads was true indicating that Reirden's schemes were used in the playoffs. That would be a huge sticking point in negotiations with Trotz

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

I remember making a post about Trotz and Carlson and contact extensions that people wouldn't think was worth the money. I got grief about suggesting a coach's contract wouldnt be worth the money. Well....the Caps lost a hall of fame/cup winning coach over the size of his contract

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->