OT: Trotz One-Liners

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
So, I'm really bad at remembering things nowadays, but I think many of Trotz one-liners are absolute gems. We could use these in all aspects of our lives. Without getting too corny, perhaps we can keep a running list here. Would be real cool to have a place to see them and if we get enough we can make a Trotz inspirational calendar, lol.

We do it for Butchie and his gaffs (don't need one for Burke but he did pull a Pelock the other night :-P ). Anyway, I'll start off with the one inspiring me to make this thread. It was in the recent Athletic article:

"You don't have a license to do less, you have a responsibility to do more." - Barry Trotz

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
“Don't mistake activity for achievement.”

EDIT: Trotz, used the above quote last year, but it belonged to someone else originally. Just found it... John Wooden.

My all-time favorite sports quote though is:

“Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.”

― Vince Lombardi

Last edited:

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
"Individually, it’s guys washing their hands, all that stuff you’d say to your 5-year-old. "

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Video ok?

I admire how he seems to be so objective and observant. He talks hockey sense. Sometimes a team needs to hear simple stuff, like, "Get your feet moving!", or, "Let's start taking the body!"

Tells it like it is, in an unemotional way, that makes people more comfortable with him. No BS.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Winter Soldier

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
"well, we have piles and piles of analytics but the one analytic that doesn't go away is the score, we are fine spending all day being in our own zone if we keep you to the outside. We are comfortable being uncomfortable"

Reactions: ML19, beach and Lek

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
A couple rolled in to one-

“Winning is fun. And that’s part of the deal. If you’re willing to pay a price, you have a chance to win games. And when you win games, it makes it a lot... uh, the pain goes away a little bit, ya know. You pay the price and apply the ice a little bit later.”

Phil120362

Dec 29, 2018
Someone post the video of him footflipping the bottle right into the can.....that's badass!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->