Trotz In DC: Because He Will Always Be Loved In Smashville!

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Trotz is a great guy; it's pretty tough to argue against that regardless how you feel about his coaching decisions over the years. I'm going to miss him, but at least I get to see him at Caps games.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Great article. Certainly question his coaching decisions all you'd like, but on the personal level, there's no debate that he's an amazing person.

jstreet

LETS GO PREDS
Jan 15, 2004
FL via Nashville
www.twitter.com
I've learned more about Trotz in the last 6 days than I have in the last 6 years. There are great stories coming out of Washington and there is a reporter on twitter delivering great tidbits and updates on Trotz and the Caps.

You know what I've learned about our new coach? He wants to produce offense and has a turtle.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I've learned more about Trotz in the last 6 days than I have in the last 6 years. There are great stories coming out of Washington and there is a reporter on twitter delivering great tidbits and updates on Trotz and the Caps.

You know what I've learned about our new coach? He wants to produce offense and has a turtle.

But really, do you need to know more?

He has a dog, too. And some kids and a wife. I've read he blows bubbles (I assume with gum, but maybe I shouldn't!) He cusses a lot. He kind of explodes some words, for lack of a better description. But really, if the guy can get some offense going, I don't really care what kind of gum he likes. :laugh:

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
But really, do you need to know more?

He has a dog, too. And some kids and a wife. I've read he blows bubbles (I assume with gum, but maybe I shouldn't!) He cusses a lot. He kind of explodes some words, for lack of a better description. But really, if the guy can get some offense going, I don't really care what kind of gum he likes. :laugh:

I'm guessing the point wasn't learning or not learning specifically, but that there is actually COVERAGE.....

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I'm guessing the point wasn't learning or not learning specifically, but that there is actually COVERAGE.....

There has been coverage here, too. Is it enough? Not for us. Maybe for people who look at hockey like I look at the golf, NASCAR and baseball coverage--which is about the same amount of space over all. It's more than the hunting and fishing coverage and dwarfs bowling coverage. ;-)

But it's never enough.

Fortunately, we have lots more options for hockey coverage than ever before.

LaFontaine83

Sep 28, 2014
yeah he was cool.

I'm glad we changed coaches. I was ready for a new coach 2 years ago.

He did great for us and it a top 10 coach I think.

YoussefianK

Sep 18, 2013
Habs fan here.
After watching the game tonight between the Habs and Capitals, I have one question.
Did you have to watch this type of hockey for 15 years?!?! :amazed:

That's some boring ass hockey. (Albeit, the Habs weren't playing at their best either.)
On Trotz' personal aspect, always looked like a good guy.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Habs fan here.
After watching the game tonight between the Habs and Capitals, I have one question.

That's some boring ass hockey. (Albeit, the Habs weren't playing at their best either.)

Trotz first and foremost is a class act and a quality human being. But I have to admit, and it has only been the preseason, but the tempo and style of play out on the ice is a welcome change. I can only hope it will translate into wins.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Habs fan here.

Pretty much. There was a respite of sorts between 2005 and 2007, but for the most part, yes.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Yep. Trotz is an amazing person and an inspiration.

That doesn't change the fact that defense first hockey is boring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad