Confirmed with Link: Trotman re-signed

David Krejci*

Unless a major trade happens, the Bruins are once again a 1/2-and-out team.

Nope. Not even close. They have as good of a shot at coming out of the East as anybody. They are still the team to beat.

They can kiss all Cup hopes goodbye for this year though, if you trade Boychuk.

77bestever*

Bang on about Johnny. Seids has a NMC that starts this season I believe and if they get stuck they will talk to Kelly or even move Campbell. I see them riding the Chara-Seids- Boychuk troika atleast one more year and even 'assessing' on bringing JB back. They really really really want to win next year and aren't worried about getting some asset back in the future. They want Boychuk talent next season.

2 days ago you are pounding me now you are agreeing with me.....OK. I will play.

Chara Seids Boychuck
Krug Hamilton-Miller-McQaid.

Not going to condemn CHIA for signing SEIDS during the season but with a little foresight he should probably have waited. Even without the injury.

Nobody is going to take SEIDS now coming off the injury at least until he skates in pre season and people see he is back all the way. He is an extremely hard worker so I have no doubt he will be 100%.

But he is the guy that should be moved if possible. The team is not balanced IMO and that's why we have failed to get that second cup and perhaps even a third. We should have beat Chicago up 2-1 then losing 3 straight. Campbell and Bergie being hurt was bad but I think Chara and Seids just could not handle Chicago's waves of offense.
I would trade SEIDS even if it meant getting a 4th rounder back...The salary relief alone is key.
If Edler is available, Chia needs to talk to Benning and figure it out. We are not winning a cup with the group of defensemen we have now. It is just not going to happen.

David Krejci*

2 days ago you are pounding me now you are agreeing with me.....OK. I will play.

Chara Seids Boychuck
Krug Hamilton-Miller-McQaid.

Not going to condemn CHIA for signing SEIDS during the season but with a little foresight he should probably have waited. Even without the injury.

Nobody is going to take SEIDS now coming off the injury at least until he skates in pre season and people see he is back all the way. He is an extremely hard worker so I have no doubt he will be 100%.

But he is the guy that should be moved if possible. The team is not balanced IMO and that's why we have failed to get that second cup and perhaps even a third. We should have beat Chicago up 2-1 then losing 3 straight. Campbell and Bergie being hurt was bad but I think Chara and Seids just could not handle Chicago's waves of offense.
I would trade SEIDS even if it meant getting a 4th rounder back...The salary relief alone is key.
If Edler is available, Chia needs to talk to Benning and figure it out. We are not winning a cup with the group of defensemen we have now. It is just not going to happen.
If the Bruins didn't run Chara into the ground at the end of the regular season, he wouldn't have been as gassed as he was in the Finals vs Chicago. Our D is as good as anyone's. Edler is not a winning player, Seidenberg is better. If you want to put up stats, Edler's your guy. If you want to win a Cup, it's Seidenberg. I would take a healthy Chara-Seidenberg-Boychuk over any other 3 defenseman in the entire league.

The Bruins have to stop putting so much emphasis on seeding and home ice advantage in the playoffs. It means NOTHING. The last 5 years that we have been eliminated in the playoffs, it's all been on home ice. They need to stop just giving key guys the last game of the year off, it's not enough. Managing their ice time is not enough. They need MULTIPLE games off throughout the stretch run in the final month of the season once our spot is pretty much locked up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad