Confirmed with Link: Trotman re-signed

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Good. Happy with this one, will be a regular call-up or maybe even the 7th defensemen.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Well i know we need guys for Providence too but can't see PC keeping all these defensemen. I like the signing he could turn out to be another Mcquaid type

77bestever*

High hopes for this kid. Chia is setting up for the next generation of young BRUIN Dmen.

Dougie
Morrow
Trottman

I also hear this O'Gara kid has a shot to be a good one. Anyone know ?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
High hopes for this kid. Chia is setting up for the next generation of young BRUIN Dmen.

Dougie
Morrow
Trottman

I also hear this O'Gara kid has a shot to be a good one. Anyone know ?

Trotman I'm told has extraordinary strength- really strong; you know when you lift with friends and there is always one who has that extra 15% that wow's you- that apparently is Trotman. Also, his concussion history is a concern, but to me, the fact he even came back so soon after one of them shows he should be in this for the long haul.

My summation of him though is a consistent player all over the ice, and I can see him having a break out year in 2014-15- which reminds me have to call Providence and make a payment:cry:

as for O'Gara- there is a lot to like, and he is tall to begin with but has freakishly long arms; like Flutie or Pedro with hands/fingers much bigger than one would expect for their height, O'Gara has the wing span of a player inches taller. He can take away time and space quick, and his character is off the charts; plus he can skate very well. I really enjoyed watching him and Grzelcyk both play together in the DC but see how well they appear to get along. Love to see them both make it in Boston and be paired side by side.

As for Morrow- I dont know how I always do this, but like never seeing a baby pigeon, I can never grasp or see Morrow playing in his own end. When I come to the 'oh, there's Morrow' moments he is usually lugging the puck up the ice.

Offensively he has 'eye candy' talent but Cassidy and Dean, and Sweeney, three very smart individuals when it comes to developing defenseman must have a read on his hockey decision-making and all. Pittsburgh traded him to Dallas for an aging warrior and if he was that highly regarded can't miss doubt they do it. But I still think he is still very intriguing and should be on the radar.

I expect Morrow and Trotman to get a lot of time in Camp as the thirtysomething blueliners pick and choose a game here and there.

I like the Bruins defense a lot they (Sweeney and Benning two pretty good NHL blueliners and sharp evalautors overall) seem to sift thru the 'bin' pretty good and although you see a young group of studs like in Pittsburgh rising up, Boston may do OK with some of these kids who dont have the pedigree liket the Penguins stable of first rounders; I can see them hitting on more than one and maybe most of the Arnasson, Grzelcyk, O'Gara, Morrow, Trotman group and with Hamilton should be in a very good place.

A Healthy Kelly*

guy's been a gem for a team that hasn't drafted particularly well of late. last pick overall and then comes through camp like a comet. he's picked up his skating game a ton too. good signing, very happy.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=726578

Boston, MA - Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today, July 18, the following six transactions: the club has signed F Jordan Caron, D Tommy Cross, F Craig Cunningham, F Tyler Randell and D Zach Trotman and agreed to terms with F Justin Florek.

Caron's deal is a one-year, one-way contract worth a cap figure of $600,000; Cross's contract is a one-year, two-way contract worth $600,000 at the NHL level and $72,500 at the AHL level; Cunningham's contract is a one-year, two-way deal worth $600,000 at the NHL level and $85,000 at the AHL level; the terms of Florek's contract is a one-year, two-way deal worth $600,000 at the NHL level and $90,000 at the AHL level. Randell's contract is a one-year, two-way contract worth $575,000 at the NHL level and $70,000 at the AHL level; Trotman's contract is a two-year contract. In year one the contract is a two-way deal worth $600,000 at the NHL level and $80,000 at the AHL level. In year two the contract is a one-way deal worth $650,000 at the NHL level.

Boychuk is officially gone. Now is the time to trade him before losing him for nothing.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Anyone else think the second year shouldn't be a one way deal
I don't. Zach has been in the org. since 2010 and played 110 games for Providence. The timing seems to be right. By 2015-2016 season he should be a regular on the back line for the Bruins, given his skill set and normal vacancies on the roster.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
Chiarelli has quietly signed / resigned two economical 6-7th dmen for the next two years.

First it was Miller and now Trotman. These are the kind of signings that allow the club to be more flexible with their elite talent contracts.

Miller has shown that he can play in the NHL and by the reports from those that have seen him play in the AHL, Trotman could become this year's version of Miller if an opening occurs on the blue line.

77bestever*

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=726578

Boychuk is officially gone. Now is the time to trade him before losing him for nothing.

Not a chance. He is a core player. He is blood and guts. He is tough, and is everything it means to be a Bruin. There is no way they trade him. Trade Seids before Boychuck.

Anyone can be traded but I would be SHOCKED if they traded Boychuck instead of signing him. Plus, As Bruins fans, why would we want this guy traded. Jeez, I could care less about the salary cap....This guy STAYS.

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Not a chance. He is a core player. He is blood and guts. He is tough, and is everything it means to be a Bruin. There is no way they trade him. Trade Seids before Boychuck.

Anyone can be traded but I would be SHOCKED if they traded Boychuck instead of signing him. Plus, As Bruins fans, why would we want this guy traded. Jeez, I could care less about the salary cap....This guy STAYS.

Boychuk is in the last year of his contract and many people feel he'll be getting a huge payday, one the Bruins can't afford. SO it's trade him, or lose him for nothing.

And unfortunately, playing like a Bruin isn't enough. We HAVE to take the salary cap into consideration. What happened to Ference? What happened to Stuart? Teams change.

You don't trade Seidenberg at this point. He's coming off a crazy injury, he wouldn't return enough to warrant the move imo

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Bang on about Johnny. Seids has a NMC that starts this season I believe and if they get stuck they will talk to Kelly or even move Campbell. I see them riding the Chara-Seids- Boychuk troika atleast one more year and even 'assessing' on bringing JB back. They really really really want to win next year and aren't worried about getting some asset back in the future. They want Boychuk talent next season.

David Krejci*

Boychuk is in the last year of his contract and many people feel he'll be getting a huge payday, one the Bruins can't afford. SO it's trade him, or lose him for nothing.

And unfortunately, playing like a Bruin isn't enough. We HAVE to take the salary cap into consideration. What happened to Ference? What happened to Stuart? Teams change.

You don't trade Seidenberg at this point. He's coming off a crazy injury, he wouldn't return enough to warrant the move imo

CONTENDING TEAMS DO NOT TRADE CORE PIECES JUST TO GET SOMETHING FOR THEM BEFORE THEY WALK IN FREE AGENCY. BOYCHUK'S VALUE TO THE BRUINS THIS SEASON, IS HIGHER THAN ANYTHING THEY WOULD GET FOR HIM IN A TRADE, PERIOD.

I guess we should've traded Ryder and Recchi in 2011. We missed the boat on that one big time. We didn't get anything back for them when Ryder walked and Recchi retired. Imagine what we could've got for them!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad