Tron LE Composite Stick?

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I've never used that stick, but the site says it weights 450 grams. For reference, the Easton s19 weighs 473g and the Bauer TotalOne weights 430ish. I wish they would tell us what kind of stick it compares to.

That doesn't mean its in these sticks categories, but it should tell you that its fairly light. They've also got the One75 on sale for $49. Seems like a good deal http://hockeytron.com/ni.html

I ordered a stick last week from their site with a 50% coupon and I should tell you to not get worried if you order something and the tracking number doesn't update.

It took me 8 days to get my stick, and the USPS tracking number they provided never updated once. They said they were switching to FedEx shipping soon, and apologized for any inconvience.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

ovechtrick08

May 1, 2011
Tron LE Composite Stick

Got this stick about two weeks ago when it was on special for 49.99. The stick is super light has a very quick release. The performance of the stick outweighs the bad paint job and for that price it cannot be beaten. Would compare the stick in the same class as the S19 and rbk 11k as far as weight and performance. I believe the stick is made by winnwell and is from their prostock line.

Gibson19

Mar 18, 2011
I also got it for 50 bucks. I've taken the stick to ice at least 6 times now.

Stupid light for the price, in fact you won't find any other stick in the same weight range for as cheap.

I got the C3 curve which is supposed to be malkin but its got a crazy toe curve though, not sure what happened there, but the stick is great, the paint comes off pretty easily but who really cares about that.

It's probably too stiff for the smaller guys but I like the flex, the blade is super stiff too which is good, my 5k just feels like crap now. I was half expecting it to snap on me when I let a good slapper go but I'm not worried about it breaking quicker than any other stick now.

They are also introducing an elite model that is 410 grams

dbargaehr

May 13, 2011
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've ordered one of their "Basic" sticks, just to try it out. According to the weight, it is lighter than the Easton S7 I bought a year ago for 80 bucks (twice as much), and hopefully will last longer (blade tip started shattering and getting soft after two games...)

If these are good sticks, I will be really happy. Got married a year ago and surviving off of one (fairly low) income...sticks don't come cheap, and for some reason I go through twigs really quickly!

I will of course post impressions as soon as I get them; planning on getting some rink time just to adjust to the curve...

BadHammy*

Got this stick about two weeks ago when it was on special for 49.99. The stick is super light has a very quick release. The performance of the stick outweighs the bad paint job and for that price it cannot be beaten. Would compare the stick in the same class as the S19 and rbk 11k as far as weight and performance. I believe the stick is made by winnwell and is from their prostock line.

I smell fake review... but I don't care, is it made by Winnwell? The LE says it's 450 grams and 61.5 inches, is that right? Basically, if I cut it down to standard size, 59", it'll be about 435 grams... How can it be only "90%-100%" carbon if that's true? Fiberglass would screw that all up... And if it's made by Winnwell, is it a Gx-8? I want to knnnooow:)

Butpeople

Apr 3, 2006
little tron info

was a bit weary about buying the stick for my son because it was so cheap. So I figured I'd ask my pro-shop guy about them. From what he tells me it is exactly the same as one of the Bauer sticks. They come out of the same factory in China. says there are basically 3 factories in the world that make sticks. So you can look at the TRON stick sort of like the no name Bauer knock off. Every bit as good at a fraction of the price.

Also told me that the HockeyTron.com website was started by some of the same people that started Hockey Monkey. Family fight or something split them up and Hockey Tron was formed.

donkers*

I use the Tron LE (C3 curve). Was actually playing with it about an hour ago at pick up. I heard about it being made in the same Bauer factories as well but it doesn't feel like any Bauers I've played with. It's pretty blade heavy. I'm not sure how their other models are but I want to try out the Elite and 405. If you use their 30-40% coupons the LE is a helluva stick for $55ish. I hope they come out with an intermediate stick in the near future.

I don't know if I'd buy it again though. I love the Hockey Monkey mystery stick bundle pack because I feel like I get more stick for my money. I'm not picky about curves or flexes though.

Just my $0.02.

r3cc0s

Mar 7, 2011
they don't have the blade I like... but I may try a shaft out

that being said, there are others out there that I think are more reputable (like Miken)

also, I was able to get AK27 shafts for $70 and 09' ST shafts for $50

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad