Movies: Tron 3 (Aka: Daft Punk 2) announced

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Rumor: 'Tron 3' Reportedly "In Development" with Jared Leto | Pirates & Princesses

Jared Leto is set to star in the movie.

And naturally (Thankfully), Daft Punk is returning to do the score.

The original Tron is horribly, horribly outdated. While one can say the effects at the time were groundbreaking, they in no way shape or form dated well.

Tron 2, imo, was an apt sequel. Some people had problems with it but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The score was/is the single best movie soundtrack ever produced. I am so glad they made the decision to bring Daft Punk back.

Edit: Hoping bring back Bruce Boxleitner and Peter Jurasik (In a different role)

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Tron 2 (aka Daft Punk 1, lol) was a blast. I rewatched it recently and it's even better than I remembered. Daft Punk was obviously a huge reason for that, glad they're back (if the rumors of this happening are finally true). Hopefully Bridges is too.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Awesome news. A franchise that deserves more attention and hype than it gets. Tron 2 was ahead of its time, if it was released a few years later during the height of the superhero craze it would have been a bigger hit.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
Tron: Legacy has grown on me over the years.

I didn't really care for it either when I first saw it and some aspects are still pretty cheesy if you ask me (like the scene where the girls put on his armor, Clu's goofy sidekick, and the overdone bartender).

But it is a beautiful movie to take in, and if you put yourself in the right frame of mind and just let it wash over your senses it's a fine experience imo.

They made some great looking movies those couple of years. No matter what you think of them as narratives, films like Tron: Legacy and Oblivion are still among the best looking movies ever made.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Tron: Legacy is still in my top ten of all time. It’s glorious. It should be Garrett Hedlund’s movie though. He was awesome.

The sequel was supposed to involve Tron World invading the actual world, going after Sam and Quorra, from what I remember. Hopefully the script is still marinating.

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Tron: Legacy is still in my top ten of all time. It’s glorious. It should be Garrett Hedlund’s movie though. He was awesome.

The sequel was supposed to involve Tron World invading the actual world, going after Sam and Quorra, from what I remember. Hopefully the script is still marinating.

The last 20 minutes or so of that movie are amazing. The music, the allegories, the visuals, everything.

Olivia Wilde is freaking amazing in this movie.

Last edited:

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
The last 20 minutes or so of that movie are amazing. The music, the allegories, the visuals, everything.

Olivia Wilde is freaking amazing in this movie.

Absolutely. She is great in “A Vigilante” as well.

It kinda stung that Tron: Legacy was considered a bomb. It stands as one of the best sci-fi movies of the 2000’s, imo. I guess there just isn’t the same demand for the genre that there used to be. I throw the blu-ray on from time to time when I just want to be floored. Very few movies can have that effect.

Reactions: Cloned

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Absolutely. She is great in “A Vigilante” as well.

It kinda stung that Tron: Legacy was considered a bomb. It stands as one of the best sci-fi movies of the 2000’s, imo. I guess there just isn’t the same demand for the genre that there used to be. I throw the blu-ray on from time to time when I just want to be floored. Very few movies can have that effect.
I still think it was ahead of its time. If it was released a few years later during the height of the superhero/fantasy craze, it gets more buzz and more views.

Reactions: Supermassive

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think people had a hard time reconciling the fact that it's a cyberpunk movie but at the same time it's really a Disney film that was intended for all-ages.

It's hard to have a cool movie that isn't gritty these days. I'll give Captain America: The First Avenger for succeeding in that manner as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad