Trocheck's wingers

Mass Panther Fan

Dec 8, 2015
So let me lead into this thread by saying trocheck is one of my favorite players and I rock his name on the back of my jersey.

This past season it seemed like trocheck missed his bff Smith on his wing and had trouble developing that effortless chemistry with any of his wingers. I know trocheck has a distinct style of play which means the wingers have to compliment him and tailor their play to his. My question to you all is who do you guys see as having the best chance of meshing with him and being making that line a deadly 5v5 threat?

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Huberdeau could be a fit given more time. Huberdeau is a great passer and Trocheck is a shoot-first player, so keeping it simple, this should work. Add another playmaker or grinder on the right side.

Counterpoint:
I think the reason it’s been awkward is that Trocheck is like an NFL running back, rather than a WR, where he doesn’t necessarily rely on a passer to throw him the ball to create offense. He can make things happen on his own.

Ideally, he needs smart, defensively responsible wingers who can steal the puck or grind on the boards and make that first pass to Trocheck to get him going. Huberdeau has that in him, so I think they can make it work.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Trocheck needs to learn to use his wingers more. It's not a hard thing to fix.

Playing with Huberdeau should make Tro better and get him open for more scoring chances.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I also believe Huberdeau will be one of the two Wingers for Trocheck, not only about the skill, its more about Line chemistry. Dadonov/Barkov Worked together Huberdeau/Trocheck also worked.
The only Question is who will be number two.

Reactions: Optimus Reim

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Huberdeau on his left and either Hoffman or Bjugstad on his right, take your pick. Unless someone surprises at training camp (i.e. Tippett, Vatrano, Haapala), the top 6 appears to be set.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Huberdeau on his left and either Hoffman or Bjugstad on his right, take your pick. Unless someone surprises at training camp (i.e. Tippett, Vatrano, Haapala), the top 6 appears to be set.
I'm starting to think the talent will be spread about in the top 9. Kind of like what Pittsburgh did with Kessel.

Dnigly13

Jun 21, 2017
I think he needs defensive grinders on his wing. Tro centering two of Mamin, Malgin, Sceviour, and Vetrano would be my pick.

Then it allows you to put Borgstrom with some solid vets to help him develop IE Hubby and Budjstad.

Run D-B-Hoff line one...

4th line will be a McCann, two of Mamim, Malgin, Vetrano, and Sceviour.

Edit: and if Borg starts in AHL. I think Hubby would be a perfect complement to McCann. Using the NFL reference above, McCann could be the WR Hubby needs. Hubby-McCann-Vetrano/Budjstad would be a great 4th line.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
He needs guys that dont need the puck...like a Malgin whom he played well with. Trocheck demands the puck so much that he should probably be the "feature" player on that line.

Give him a solo act + a Malgin, and he will thrive on it.

Plus, he gets a huge chunk of his points on the PP anyway

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I think he needs defensive grinders on his wing. Tro centering two of Mamin, Malgin, Sceviour, and Vetrano would be my pick.

Then it allows you to put Borgstrom with some solid vets to help him develop IE Hubby and Budjstad.

Run D-B-Hoff line one...

4th line will be a McCann, two of Mamim, Malgin, Vetrano, and Sceviour.

Edit: and if Borg starts in AHL. I think Hubby would be a perfect complement to McCann. Using the NFL reference above, McCann could be the WR Hubby needs. Hubby-McCann-Vetrano/Budjstad would be a great 4th line.

My thoughts exactly. Although it looks like according to Tallon Hoffman will be on his wing

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
He needs guys that dont need the puck...like a Malgin whom he played well with. Trocheck demands the puck so much that he should probably be the "feature" player on that line.

Give him a solo act + a Malgin, and he will thrive on it.

Plus, he gets a huge chunk of his points on the PP anyway
I was going to say Malgin as well. And I’d add Hubie to it.

Bjugstad will be better. He’ll be able to do so on the third line. I’d go with

Hof-Bar-Dad
Hub-Tro-Mal
Tip-McC-Bju
Man-Mac-Sce

(Mac on 4th only because coach will put him there anyway.)

I’m assuming Borg starts in AHL. Later he can take Tippett’s spot who moves down a line and MacK is placed on IR. Anyone else not working, Vatrano and McGinn will be ready.

Reactions: Optimus Reim

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
trocheck doesnt need a passer because he doesnt really utilize his wingers or rely on them to get him the puck. he does his own thing and i doubt thats gonna change, its just his game. and thats fine because it works. i think hoffman needs to be on the top line with barkov-dadonov. logically youd think huberdeau then on the 2nd line but it shouldnt be a matter of what looks nicest on paper but what will work most efficiently. after all, results is what everyone cares about.

i think mcginn, one of our only grinders, should play with him. he'll do the dirty work, work a hard forecheck, win board battles, bring a physical edge to his game, finish checks, and get to the dirty areas around the net. then either a vatrano for speed or a malgin for overall balance on the other wing. have huberdeau help borgstrom out on the 3rd along with bjugstad. or let trocheck center the "3rd" and borgstrom withhuberdeau-bjugstad on the "2nd", doesnt matter which ones which, i guess thatd come down to more defensive starts and what not.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
i think mcginn, one of our only grinders, should play with him. he'll do the dirty work, work a hard forecheck, win board battles, bring a physical edge to his game, finish checks, and get to the dirty areas around the net. then either a vatrano for speed or a malgin for overall balance on the other wing. have huberdeau help borgstrom out on the 3rd along with bjugstad. or let trocheck center the "3rd" and borgstrom withhuberdeau-bjugstad on the "2nd", doesnt matter which ones which, i guess thatd come down to more defensive starts and what not.

Trocheck does everything McGinn does and more. He doesn't need him. Troch could benefit from having 2 guys on the wing who can finish and perform passing plays with above average execution.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Trocheck does everything McGinn does and more. He doesn't need him. Troch could benefit from having 2 guys on the wing who can finish and perform passing plays with above average execution.
well, yea i mean obviously. and he doesnt need him, its just hed compliment his game well is what i mean

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->