Recalled/Assigned: Trocheck to San Antonio

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
@DanWeissPBP: Rowe said no timetable with Trocheck in SA. Needs to fix his game from the defensive side of things and get his timing back.

@DanWeissPBP: Rowe said Trocheck was guilty of forcing plays in the offensive zone and turning pucks over in the neutral zone. Will work on that aspect."

Can't say I disagree. I expect he will be down a bit longer with Thornton activated.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Agree

but.. You really seem to diskike him :laugh:
I don't dislike Trocheck, just his recent play and that some wanted him still to play over better performing players.

It's like that good start Trocheck had made him immune for criticism around here. I've handed it to pretty much every player on the roster at some point of the season when they've deserved it, Trocheck isn't any different in that case.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
hard to judge the kid when he isnt allowed to play his position consistency... with linemates.... hes put up more points then alot of our guys

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
hard to judge the kid when he isnt allowed to play his position consistency... with linemates.... hes put up more points then alot of our guys

More to the game than just putting up points... And he has regressed since his good start... He has a lot
To work on in the minors... Wonder if he will play wing down there where it will be an easier adjustment

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
More to the game than just putting up points... And he has regressed since his good start... He has a lot
To work on in the minors... Wonder if he will play wing down there where it will be an easier adjustment
IMO, Trocheck's only option with the Cats is 3rd or 4th line minutes as a wing in the next 3 or 4 years unless he improves his goal scoring ability. Bolland because of his contract is a lock at Center on the 3rd line with Mac and Knight ahead of him on the 4th because they are much better in the F/O circle and against the boards. You could also say the same thing about Rocco. Rowe will continue to work them where they will benefit the Rampage and let the chips fall where they may. If Gallant is still around, both of these guys have the speed and skill he wants on the wing if they can continue to improve their game.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I don't dislike Trocheck, just his recent play and that some wanted him still to play over better performing players.

It's like that good start Trocheck had made him immune for criticism around here. I've handed it to pretty much every player on the roster at some point of the season when they've deserved it, Trocheck isn't any different in that case.

I just don't get why he wasn't sent down like a month ago already. Just wasting in the press box getting a game here and there.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh

Vinny gave up the same, if not more, scoring chances he had when he was in the line up. Obviously not his fault alone but he's a lot more valuable in the A, working on his defensive side, than rotting in the press box.

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I cringed when Vinny and Grimaldi were on the same line together, so bad defensively.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
I'm slightly confused as to why some people saying this is happening because Thornton is coming off IR? Even if he was activated, Trocheck wouldn't have to be sent down because we'd have 3 scratches which means we're at the 23 player limit. I thought this was the entire idea behind trading Robak for an AHLer...to open up a roster spot.

I'm not saying it's not a good idea to have him go down and play some games...just want to point out with him being sent down and Thornton coming off IR, there's still an open roster spot.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Is it possible he goes down, plays a few games during the All Star Break and is recalled when the NHL resumes play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad