Value of: Trocheck to CGY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Fits the bill. Right shot top 6 center with grit that Treliving already tried to acquire (Kadri). Trochek has term and is signed for under 5 mill. Id put Kadri and Trocheks trade value very close to the same.

The 2 injuries to Giordano and Hamonic make it tough to move a D-man at this point, but they will be back soon.

What kind of package does it take to get Trochek to CGY at the TDL?

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Unless its a "hockey trade". Apparently they are looking for a top 4 dman to play with Ekblad... Brodie?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Fits the bill. Right shot top 6 center with grit that Treliving already tried to acquire (Kadri). Trochek has term and is signed for under 5 mill. Id put Kadri and Trocheks trade value very close to the same.

The 2 injuries to Giordano and Hamonic make it tough to move a D-man at this point, but they will be back soon.

Doubt Calgary has what it takes to get Vince Trocheck, From what's being reported Panthers GM Dale Tallon wants a top 4 LHD in return for Trocheck. Not sure if Calgary has one that fits his needs.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

I think Florida's on a bit of a playoff push of their own. Doubt they trade Trocek.

He becomes more Russian by the day.
He isnt available unless it's a 1 for 1 trade and Tallon wants a LD.

Klingonmanngton or Hammsandwichonbrownbread + pick/prospect isnt it.

Reactions: Starat327

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Hanifin fits everything you guys are describing. Not sure flames would give him up for Trocheck though. Value i imagine is close then

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Florida needs a legitimate top 4 defenceman. Not a package of futures and spare parts. I don't know the Flames D well enough to propose a name, but while it won't be your #1 D, it better sting a little bit.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I don't think Calgary has pieces we can part with that Florida would want. Hanafin is probably the closest and that isn't something we can do right now

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Doubt Calgary has what it takes to get Vince Trocheck, From what's being reported Panthers GM Dale Tallon wants a top 4 LHD in return for Trocheck. Not sure if Calgary has one that fits his needs.
If Gio and Valimaki werent injured they could in theory dangle Hanifan who is a top 4 LHD but they are so the flames don't really have a LHD to spare right now.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Hanifin is not unreliable. His career Corsi For % is better than Ekblad's. He is a year younger than Ekblad. Both have similar takaway/giveaway stats. Hanifin has blocked more shots. His point production has tailed off this year, but so has the entire team's. Also, his defensive stats have suffered a bit from playing with Hamonic. For whatever reason those two don't have a chemistry.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Hanifin is not unreliable. His career Corsi For % is better than Ekblad's. He is a year younger than Ekblad. Both have similar takaway/giveaway stats. Hanifin has blocked more shots. His point production has tailed off this year, but so has the entire team's. Also, his defensive stats have suffered a bit from playing with Hamonic. For whatever reason those two don't have a chemistry.

Well I guess Matheson isn't unreliable then either.

Cruznoost

Feb 6, 2018
It’s been sooo frustrating at times watching the flip flop season that the flames have been showing this year... From one hell of a game to wtf did I just watch??? And it’s really hard for me to say this but realistically it’s probably best to not waste our future assets for a team that hasn’t proven that they are hungry enough to deserve it...
The way I look at it BT is probably thinking the same and it’s gonna come down to Friday’s tilt against the Bruins...If they play their best game against arguably the best playoff team out there, showing how hungry they really are then maybe BT pulls a trigger...otherwise it’s probably time to face reality and get futures for Brodie/Hamonic... :(
I’m not gonna lie, I’m actually shocked that the Flames have gotten to this point without really proving that they learned anything from last year...Knowing the true importance of a game and to come out on the ice with no drive against the Kings was so sad to see... just saying

Last edited:

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Florida needs a legitimate top 4 defenceman. Not a package of futures and spare parts. I don't know the Flames D well enough to propose a name, but while it won't be your #1 D, it better sting a little bit.

Your GM disagrees. Futures and spare parts is exactly what it took.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad