Trivia : who's the richest football player in the world?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I assume he owns the team he plays for?

I mean, $15B.

I'd like to be the manager that takes him off the pitch.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
As far as being rich from more traditional footballing things (wages, merchandising, publicity, etc.) I'd say it's Ronaldo based on the absurd number of sponsorships he has.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The rumour is he's going to be part of a takeover for Arsenal sometime next year.
That would be amazing. Helps that he's a massive fan favorite as well. Really stabilized our midfield temporarily at the start of 13-14 season.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
LOL its Flamini?? that is amazing
I'll never forget that summer he was bought back. We got hammered by Aston Villa the week before and our only signings were Sanogo and the return of Mathieu Flamini on a free. The atmosphere among the fans was quite toxic at the time, especially when Spurs spent over 100 mil on signings. Fans were absolutely livid with the state of the club and Wenger (hehe).

Then it was the NLD and all of the toxicity was put aside temporarily to get behind the team for the derby. Flamini immediately introduces himself by clattering Spurs players over and over. He was very vocal on the pitch and barking instructions to our defenders. We had a convincing 1-0 win and Flamini bossed around the Spurs midfield that day. I remember an instance where Dembele was afraid to go in on a challenge because it was f***ing Flamini who had the ball. Then we signed Ozil right after. I think that was my peak excitement as an Arsenal fan. I miss those days, especially seeing how bad we are now.

He's a huge fan-favorite, very happy for his success - well deserved.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->