Proposal: Trivago guy avatar bets.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I was about to mention this being their bigger hit. I had a healthy like for this girl growing up..as did many red blooded kids at the time..

Wife is ex Brit as well so she remembers this being on TOTP and dancing her head off to it.

gotta love the legs

the Lyp miming is so bad it is funny

a buddy of mine worked as roadie in the 70's for a few bands and anytime a complain about "modern singers" not singing live--he give me a run down of singers and groups from the 70's and 80's who never sang live and Middle of the Road is one of the bands-- they still do it today--they do a few gigs a year and they have a new singer who sings to the old track a lot of the time

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Yeah, musically it wasn't my thing. Was more into Cream, Led Zep, Hendrix, Sabbath, The Who, Jethro Tull, CSNY, even Queen at the time. I was only 10 and wigging out to Black Sabbath turned to 11...Which made it real hard to ever take this kind of music as anything more than a lark. Albeit I did go to a late 70's ABBA concert in search for dates..

Unfortunately what you say is true. This was formulaic drivel that embarrassed even folk music and was the bubble gum of its time. Warbled to videos in mime. The harbinger of the death of popular music. ;)

One of the oddest experiences in the 70's is having to see Rock acts on American Bandstand or TOTP videos. The experience of which never quite synced. So that you'd have shocked faces looking at Black Sabbath or Led Zep playing on a stupid disco type stage and people frowning...

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Yeah, musically it wasn't my thing. Was more into Cream, Led Zep, Hendrix, Sabbath, The Who, Jethro Tull, CSNY, even Queen at the time. I was only 10 and wigging out to Black Sabbath turned to 11...Which made it real hard to ever take this kind of music as anything more than a lark. Albeit I did go to a late 70's ABBA concert in search for dates..

Unfortunately what you say is true. This was formulaic drivel that embarrassed even folk music and was the bubble gum of its time. Warbled to videos in mime. The harbinger of the death of popular music. ;)

One of the oddest experiences in the 70's is having to see Rock acts on American Bandstand or TOTP videos. The experience of which never quite synced. So that you'd have shocked faces looking at Black Sabbath or Led Zep playing on a stupid disco type stage and people frowning...

There is a story of the Osmond playing Paris right after this song came out and at the time the Osmonds were not well known in France and according to Donny and Alan Osmond--it was obvious that the Audience that night was ready for a rock concert--Alan's comment was something like "we were used to be chased--but by adoring fans not fans who wanted their money back"

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
We're so getting shortchanged. We get the weird guy who is totally annoying and the rest get this Woman with an amazing relaxing voice. I would actually not turn the channel if she was on here..
I've been starting to almost find her attractive recently, which I can only attribute to Stockholm Syndrome from seeing her so often

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
ChKRnn0U4AMmkC2.jpg

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
I've been starting to almost find her attractive recently, which I can only attribute to Stockholm Syndrome from seeing her so often

Way better than annoying man who reminds me of car salesmen. Her voice is exceptional and enunciation is 100%. This woman could be doing the weather reports and I would watch or listen to it just for her letter perfect enunciation. Close your eyes and its like her words just sing. One of the best orators I've heard lately.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Someone challenge me to a bet
if you can get 69+ likes on a single post between now and the first Oiler game of the pre season I'll use an avatar of your choice for that day

otherwise you must use one of my choosing

Reactions: La Bamba

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->