Proposal: Trivago guy avatar bets.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
PS I like captain obvious, for perhaps ironically obvious reasons..;)

Trivago guy is weird and smarmy like that old beer guy. I ignore commercials so much, generally that I don't even know the name of that beer swilling guy that's done everything. Looks like he's been glued to a saloon seat for 3-4 decades.

My cat Mew Mew likes to perch on a bench near the dinner table that looks eerily similar to the pose beer slinging man does. I call him the most interesting cat in the world, but in reality he’s kind of a lazy dick.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
here's what you do

steal a car, head west, play the Trivago ads at full volume

when they're done, get out of the car and start a fight

then get back into the car and come back to town

Sounds like a standardized riders fan road trip. Minus slamming umpteen cases of Pilsner..

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
My cat Mew Mew likes to perch on a bench near the dinner table that looks eerily similar to the pose beer slinging man does. I call him the most interesting cat in the world, but in reality he’s kind of a lazy dick.

My cat loves to freak me out when I'm watching horror movies. You know that thing they do when they start staring at hopefully nothing... When they start tracking eye movements doing that its really weird. Every cat I've had actually has done this at one point or another. Its even a weird cat sideline to stare at a wall, instead of the room. Pure twilight zone material.

So of course I'm watching the Spanish Horror flic, true story based, "Veronica" last night and my kitty is pulling all the weird staring effects and spooky stunts. f***.....;) lol when she pushes doors open and closed and you can't see its her doing it...no kitty treats for you tonight!

ps creaking doors that seeminly open and close themselves (with kitty pushing it) is kind of like horror movie sensesurround. Now if I had recroom lights that went out on and off and changed colors and a levitating table..

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
It may be a generational thing but I still have no idea what this thread is about.
Its the random wonder of it. Every summer we have threads here that are MORE random than the designate OT thread. Often curious and memorable stuff ensues. Some of the best hf memes were incubated in these types of threads.

Or think of it as what fried Canadian brains do when the temp is spiralling to 33C which would sound within normal range anywhere else but melts me in my shoes.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Can we torpedo the commercial where the guy is dancing/prancing with the options. My TV does not deserve that kind of punishment

I'm still trying to figure out how Shaw figured an unending series of a remote control family or whatever hell that is depicting is interesting. They even cross pollinate in on their website. To this day I'm immune to anything stated in those commercials because I can't stand them. So that when Shaw reps ask if I want bluesky, and I say "I gots blusky outside they say "no, thats not it. haven't you seen the commercials"

Reactions: Senor Catface

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
FfAI8B6.jpg

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

on a side note I was where they filmed part of Faulty Towers a few days ago--you have to look closely but the sign below of for Kent Cavern has what looks like a giant blank spot beneath the Cavern. Originally it stated the hotel that inspired and where some episodes were filmed was located around the corner--it has since been torn down and replaced with a parking lot and houses

37328855_460102857798320_7082187834567688192_n.jpg

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
on a side note I was where they filmed part of Faulty Towers a few days ago--you have to look closely but the sign below of for Kent Cavern has what looks like a giant blank spot beneath the Cavern. Originally it stated the hotel that inspired and where some episodes were filmed was located around the corner--it has since been torn down and replaced with a parking lot and houses

37328855_460102857798320_7082187834567688192_n.jpg

Funny that they didn't bother to just make a new sign... Unfortunate that it's not longer around, I suppose there wasn't enough interest to preserve it? Would have loved to see it next time in the UK!

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Today I learned Trivago has a guy in Canada (North America) instead of a girl. You've no idea what you're missing

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Today I learned Trivago has a guy in Canada (North America) instead of a girl. You've no idea what you're missing

We're so getting shortchanged. We get the weird guy who is totally annoying and the rest get this Woman with an amazing relaxing voice. I would actually not turn the channel if she was on here..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->