Proposal: Tristan Jarry

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Casey DeSmith seems to be quite the goalie at both the AHL and NHL level, in addition of course to Matt Murray, and even Gustavsson. Wondering if the Pens would consider moving Jarry either now or at the draft? Any teams out there need a young 1B starter that could realistically be a great 1A starter in the future?

Given that Jarry was a 2nd rounder that has progressed nicely and seen success at the NHL level, my guess is Pitt would ask for a late 1st or player of equivalent value to that.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Best policy with goalies is to wait and see as long as you can before you trade them. Unless you truly feel they won't be as good as they seem like they are right now, and teams are sending really good offers.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
JR said he isn’t trading a goalie. Source
“I don’t have any interest in moving any of those guys,” Rutherford told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Monday afternoon.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Not for sale. Hot start means jack all, he's a goalie that when gets hot he goes on streaks but he may just be flukey right now.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
JR said he isn’t trading a goalie. Source
I can understand that, wanting to keep the talented depth for the playoffs. But at the draft, if DeSmith keeps up this play, why wouldn’t he trade Jarry? We can’t rotate all 3 goalies may as well get some assets for one. Would be dumb not to.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
A deal around Brock Nelson immediately popped into my head

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
The Pens are stacked with Goalies with pedigree, but one would want to see more from Desmith before losing Jarry, especially since Murray seems injured alot and Jarry potentially is the best of the lot...

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
Casey DeSmith seems to be quite the goalie at both the AHL and NHL level, in addition of course to Matt Murray, and even Gustavsson. Wondering if the Pens would consider moving Jarry either now or at the draft? Any teams out there need a young 1B starter that could realistically be a great 1A starter in the future?

Given that Jarry was a 2nd rounder that has progressed nicely and seen success at the NHL level, my guess is Pitt would ask for a late 1st or player of equivalent value to that.

Pittsburgh isn't trading Jarry. Why even make a ridiculous thread? Then again, ridiculous threads are commonplace. With Murray being somewhat fragile, it's not rocket science that they won't be moving him. Why on earth would you after the Niemi fiasco? When/if Gustaffson is ready, I could see them entertaining the notion of trading Murray. That won't be happening for two or three years.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
a.) You don't trade a top goaltending prospect because his older former back-up is riding a hot streak.
b.) The Penguins literally just learned how vital it is to have two capable goalies in the playoffs...in back-to-back Cup-winning years...asking Rutherford to trade an impressive-looking 22 year-old back-up is going to fall on deaf ears.
c.) Jarry doesn't hold enough trade value at this point in time for it to even be worth considering moving him. There's a reason you don't see too many young goalies being traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad