Trip to Detroit in November

YouMyBoyBlue

Jul 19, 2013
I searched in our forums before I made this thread. Thinking of taking a trip to Detroit to see the Devils on November 7th as a birthday present. Any Devils fans done the experience before I jump to the Detroit forums?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I searched in our forums before I made this thread. Thinking of taking a trip to Detroit to see the Devils on November 7th as a birthday present. Any Devils fans done the experience before I jump to the Detroit forums?

I had eyeballed that date too, but decided against it. I'm actually headed to Detroit next weekend for some junior games. I visited my friend in Ann Arbor in 2012 and it was a fun experience.

When I looked into November, I did spot that neither Michigan football/hockey are in town that weekend. Kitchener is playing Plymouth (depending on where you're staying, that's ~30 minutes west of Detroit) on 11/8. The Devils' 3rd rounder from last year Connor Chatham plays for Plymouth. Kitchener's been a little weak in recent years; Ryan MacInnis might be their top NHL prospect.

The US Development program also runs out of Ann Arbor, but it looks like they're gonna be in Europe for a tournament that weekend.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
I attend almost every Devils game in Detroit (Live right across the river). Crowd is generally friendly, but the atmosphere sucks and the games are typically boring between the two teams. We usually lose there too. The city itself is nothing to write home about either.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area

Took the trip a few years ago. Was cool to be in the Joe, but there's not much to do around the arena. Went to the hockeytown restaurant before the game and left right after.

If I decide to get crazy this season I'll do the Nashville/Chicago games back to back. Now that'd be a trip. Two of the best experiences at arenas I've ever had.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
If I decide to get crazy this season I'll do the Nashville/Chicago games back to back. Now that'd be a trip. Two of the best experiences at arenas I've ever had.

I'm considering this one as well. I'm usually in the Midwest around that time, so I'll at least check out the game in Chicago.
However I decide to travel between there and Nashville between games is sure to be stressful though. Have to figure out if it is worth that.

YouMyBoyBlue

Jul 19, 2013
Thanks for the info guys. Seems like Detroit isn't a sight-seeing environment for pre/post sports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad