Trip To Denver

Vincek40

Mar 21, 2007
Winnipeg
So I am making a trip to Denver April 19th to 21st to see a couple Avs games. Tried using the search function but couldnt come across the info I needed. Ill be staying near the Pepsi center. So questions for you guys/gals:

1) What are some things I should do in Denver in my free time? Must see spots? Restaurants?

2) Any place where there is a chance to meet the players? Autographs?

3) Open practices or anything?

I may have missed stuff, so basically anything you can think of that may be of value to someone coming to Denver for the first time. Thanks in advance.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
So I am making a trip to Denver April 19th to 21st to see a couple Avs games. Tried using the search function but couldnt come across the info I needed. Ill be staying near the Pepsi center. So questions for you guys/gals:

1) What are some things I should do in Denver in my free time? Must see spots? Restaurants?

I may have missed stuff, so basically anything you can think of that may be of value to someone coming to Denver for the first time. Thanks in advance.

1) Kind of tough to give you advice until you tell us what kind of things you like. Beer drinker? Nature guy (will cost more to get out of town)? Types of food you like? Gotta give us a better idea of who you are.

2) If you stand at the the entrance to the valet parking lot for about 30-60 mins after the game, players will start driving by. Some stop. Some don't.

3) Not sure but doubt it. Someone else will have to take this one.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

1) I've been to Denver several times, but I'm a sports nut so I ALWAYS make time to go to Altitude Authentics (Team store in Pepsi Center), as well as walking around the 16th St Mall. Cherry Creek Mall is in a seemingly more "upscale" area, and I am 99.9% sure I saw JM Liles walking around there when he was playing in Colorado. Restaurants will vary, because they have a lot of places that are nationwide, but there is a nice restaurant I visited last time I was there, I believe they served more Hispanic/Mexican/Spanish food, I remember I had some of the BEST Steak Soft Tacos I've ever had there, I'll ask my GF if she remembers the name and Edit my post

2) & 3) The best possible place to try and meet players/get autographs IS at the Team Practices.

Avalanche Practice Schedule

Practices at Family Sports Center are free and open to the public. Please be aware that all practice times and places are subject to change.

Avalanche Practice Times

During the regular season, the Avalanche typically practices on non-game days when the team is at home. All practices will take place at Family Sports and are free and open to the public. Practice times are usually 10:30 a.m. or 11:00 a.m.

Here's the link for more information on Avalanche Practices.

http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=32595

Vincek40

Mar 21, 2007
Winnipeg
Thanks for the replys guys.

To give a bit more information, basically looking for a good place to have a beer, or good local restaurants (types of food do not matter, open to anything). Not so much the mainstream places. And just any places in general that are "must see" or places you must go when in Denver.

Ill definitely be checking out the Altitude Athletics, thanks RockLobster.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Thanks for the replys guys.

To give a bit more information, basically looking for a good place to have a beer, or good local restaurants (types of food do not matter, open to anything). Not so much the mainstream places. And just any places in general that are "must see" or places you must go when in Denver.

Ill definitely be checking out the Altitude Athletics, thanks RockLobster.

If you got the money and can stand Baseball, I'd HIGHLY recommend seeing a Rockies game. Coors Field is absolutely beautiful and a great park to see a game.

For bars, man there was a nice one I went to in the DU District, where I actually got Stastny's auto (right after the last game of his 1st season w/ Avs) because apparently he would frequent that place a lot when he was at DU (don't ask how I ended up getting the Auto though ;))

I'll try and find the name of it, but that night was so hazy that I don't remember it! lol

If you have time to break off to Colorado Springs (about 45min-1hr south of Denver) then you've GOT to see "Garden of the Gods" it's real nice as well.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
16th street mall is filled with homeless guys smoking herb now, overrated area.

For the op look for Sam's post (landeslog) she wrote like a 2,000 page post for people visiting CO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad