Trip Advice and Tips For Posters

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Started this thread to help assist fans from other cities make trips easier.

I understand that not every poster may make trips to other cities around the league during the season, but to those who do make the trips by themselves to cities that may not be made by fan clubs.

If at least a few posters can share some trip tips from across the "O" on these simple general questions

1. Is there paid (or) free parking at the arena ?
  2. Is there any good restaurants or sports bars near the arena ?
  3. If fans are staying overnight is there any good hotel/motels nearby the arena or within a 10-15 minute drive from the building?
  4. What is the best entrance to go to if you need to pick up tickets at "Will Call" windows?
  5. Is or when do the box office open?
  6. Is or when dose the team store open?
  7. Is there any detours or route changes within the city that may or may not getting to or leaving from the building?

These questions are ones that most fans on the board typically ask when they plan to make a road trip to a different city myself included over the years.

Hopefully we the posters who live in each city can share answers to the questions listed above to help those who may make trips throughout the season

AS,
For Peterborugh:

There is paid parking at the arena, I believe it's up to $4 now. I never pay it as there is free parking on all the surrounding streets. I park on Lock Street and enter the Lock Street side entrance, there are many side streets off of Lock that work as well.

For restaurants near the arena, Ricky's is likely the closest. Family style restaurant good food, not particularly cheap. I would recommend eating in downtown Peterborough, there are dozens and dozens of good quality restaurants. Olde Stone, Hot Belly Mamas, The Brickhouse, Ashburnham Ale House, St. Veronus, Cosmic Charlies, Kettle Drums or anywhere in the Hunter St. district are good. The best bar for good beer selection is Mcthirsty's. The food there is fine but not on par with the places listed above. Everywhere listed is under 5 minute drive from the rink.

The hotels in Peterborough are all relatively near the arena, the Holiday Inn and Best Western are both easily walkable distance if you plan on enjoying a few pints - both within 15-20 minutes on foot.

For Will Call, the front entrance is where you need to be.

The box office and team store will both be open basically all day on game days - 9:30-5 hours every day, 9:30-9 on game day. For the Petes store, there may not be anyone actually there but they will always call someone down from the office to help you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad