Tribute Tribute Worst Dorion Trees #4

Which one of these was worse?

• Mike Hoffman + 126th OA in 2020 ----> Philippe Daoust

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10th OA in 2021 ----> Tyler Boucher

• 12th OA in 2023 + 2024 2nd round pick (WSH) + 2026 2nd round pick (OTT) ----> Jakob Chychrun

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Tribute poll series for our ex GM who brought us some exciting spring hockey

1713180107144.png

Ranking :

#1- Mika Zibanejad + 33rd OA in 2018 + 64th OA in 2018 ----> Jacob Bernard-Docker

#2- Kyle Turris + 4th OA in 2019 + Shane Bowers (28th OA in 2017) + 63rd OA in 2019 ----> Lassi Thomson

#3- Mark Stone ----> Erik Brannstrom + Egor Sokolov

How would you rank these trade trees (starting from worst)

- Mike Hoffman + 126th OA in 2020 ----> Philippe Daoust

- 7th OA in 2022 + 39th OA in 2022 + 2024 3rd round pick (OTT) ----> 2024 1st round pick (BOS) + 2024 4th round pick (DET) + Donovan Sebrango

- 10th OA in 2021 ----> Tyler Boucher

- Ryan Dzingel + 212th OA in 2019 + 76th OA in 2023 + 2024 7th round pick (OTT) + 25% retention on Murray AAV ----> absolutely nothing

- Cody Ceci + 44th OA in 2023 + Ben Harpur + 2026 4th round pick (OTT) ----> 2024 2nd round pick (WSH)

- 12th OA in 2023 + 2024 2nd round pick (WSH) + 2026 2nd round pick (OTT) ----> Jakob Chychrun

- Evgenii Dadonov + 1st round pick (OTT) in 202?
----> 2022 3rd round pick (we used it on Travis Hamonic)

Last edited:

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I dont think i understand the logic of expressing trades this way where we ignore the contributions of former players like brassard and duchene.

By this logic is it alexi yashin for matthieu joseph and we ignore spezz and charas contributions to the team?

Every rental trade is "pick for nothing"?

Every trade just approaches "something for nothing" as enough time passes?

Reactions: Relapsing

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Do we not understand what a trade tree is?

Selecting Boucher with our own pick is not a trade tree. There has been no other transaction surrounding it.

Even if we ignore that, just listing the picks, and not the players selected, only tells part of the story.

Trade trees should be comprehensive looks at how an initial transaction played out over time for all involved teams. Like the Hoffman/dauoust trade: what happened to each player after this? Were there additions transactions involving either of these players post this trade? Who was selected with that pick and what happened to that player?

All this series is doing is asking people to vote on Dorion worst transactions (of which there are many).

Not one of these options are trade trees.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Ceci's trade tree is so nuts.

Could've just let him go, or at worse, kept him as a tank commander for a tank season. Did they really think Zaitsev was enough of an upgrade that we take on the rest of his albatross contract? Brown could've scored 40g, wouldn't change how bad Zaitsev was on D

Last edited:
Reactions: Xspyrit

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I dont think i understand the logic of expressing trades this way where we ignore the contributions of former players like brassard and duchene.

By this logic is it alexi yashin for matthieu joseph and we ignore spezz and charas contributions to the team?

Every rental trade is "pick for nothing"?

Every trade just approaches "something for nothing" as enough time passes?

CONTEXT

It's very often about context. We are in a rebuild. it's about what we have now going forward with all those "investments". I would agree that the Zibanejad and Duchene trades are a bit different because we were not in a rebuild when it happened so if you wan't you can add Brassard and Duchene contributions on what we got in these, but it would still be disastrous.

But sorry, for all the others, you can't use this argument.

Taking 7th overall and quickly turning it into Kubalik sebrango and late first is all time

Even if you remove the 7th OA, it's 2nd + 3rd for late 1st + Kubalik + Sebrango

Do we not understand what a trade tree is?

Selecting Boucher with our own pick is not a trade tree. There has been no other transaction surrounding it.

Even if we ignore that, just listing the picks, and not the players selected, only tells part of the story.

Trade trees should be comprehensive looks at how an initial transaction played out over time for all involved teams. Like the Hoffman/dauoust trade: what happened to each player after this? Were there additions transactions involving either of these players post this trade? Who was selected with that pick and what happened to that player?

All this series is doing is asking people to vote on Dorion worst transactions (of which there are many).

Not one of these options are trade trees.

That has been addressed in the first poll. I called it "draft tree" because there's no known term for that. Seriously, not important at all. Call it as you wish. Call it "moves" if you want

Anyway, just trying to stimulate some discussion. I don't think there'll be much to say about to say about this team until the draft. Due to unpopularity in the votes, I'll stop there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad