Tribute Tribute to Canucks Community

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
I have just learned earlier today of the passing of one of the longest serving Members of HF - @Buffaloed .

I wanted to take a few moments to express my appreciation for what @Mr. Canucklehead , @Canucks LB , and @Baby Pettersson have done for us here on HF Canucks.

Life is fleeting and uncertain. I think it’s better to show love & gratitude to the living than remembering after they’re gone.

Thank you for what you have done here & continue to do.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Firstly, it’s really awful to hear what happened with Buffaloed, We have lost some absolutely incredible people on here, Greatly missed. R.I.P

If you would like to do a tribute Ginger, i have an idea!
I think it would be nice if we use this thread to show some love not to just mods, But some of the amazing Community we have here❤️

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I’ve been a part of a few online communities and it’s hit me surprisingly hard when someone I’ve never met but have interacted with passes away.

I hear that. We’ve lost some really great people here over the years.

Buffaloed, for anyone who may not know (and that’s entirely possible, he was a very behind the scenes type) was the administrator of HF right from the drop. So literally from Day 1 of the original iterations of the board and the website, he was here, and it’s thanks to the efforts of him and some other terrific people that we’ve had this site to enjoy for as long as we have (I’ve been posting here since I was 17 and I’m 37 now).

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I have just learned earlier today of the passing of one of the longest serving Members of HF - @Buffaloed .

I wanted to take a few moments to express my appreciation for what @Mr. Canucklehead , @Canucks LB , and @Baby Pettersson have done for us here on HF Canucks.

Life is fleeting and uncertain. I think it’s better to show love & gratitude to the living than remembering after they’re gone.

You are the best

Sad to hear about his passing.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005

You're a good man, Ginger.

Too true, we get all worked up about our opinions about a sport, but it's important to remember that it's just a diversion, it's fun.

The online world is strange because one can dedicate hundreds of hours to a community where nobody knows your name or your face. One day they stop posting and people often don't know why.

I think you're right to want to honour the efforts of folks while they are around to appreciate it.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Remember the days of HF chat. Parabola, Walzy, Octopi and now Buffaloed?

This is bullshit :(

At least heaven has good mods now.
Especially since ones like Barney Gumble were rightly 'culled'.

In a serious note, I never had any interactions with Buffaloed but knew of the person. RIP Buffaloed.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
And life shuffles on. Gratefull to have a site like this to come to for all kinds of hockey discussions. Appreciate the kind of dedication a select few put into keeping it going. Definitely a 21st century community.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad