Rumor: Trevor Timmins to CBJ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
Bergevin can't do nothing about it. Same with Stephane Waite who Stan Bowman had to let go.

If Timmins wants to leave, its common courtesy to let them be, its the same everywere in the NHL..

It has nothing to do with Bergevim at tjis point

But you dont know that...

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Daaaaag... that sucks.

Quick question, anyone think that he was overruled this draft in favour of drafting size?

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I really don't think it's that big of a deal if he goes. He's done a decent job but hardly irreplaceable.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Bergevin can't do nothing about it. Same with Stephane Waite who Stan Bowman had to let go.

If Timmins wants to leave, its common courtesy to let them be, its the same everywere in the NHL..

It has nothing to do with Bergevim at tjis point

Stephane Waite left for the same position and his contract was up. Timmins just re-upped and is leaving for a position we could have given him here, but didn't. Totally different.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
You have that name in which fashion: opinion or educated guess? Overheard someone?

Totally educated guess. I'm not in the inside even if I'd love thinking that I was. Not even educated at this point, just a guess. As Nolet is getting old and might not want to make all those trips so in the end, might not happen. Just that with the idea to "never miss" a kid from the Q as Bergevin once said, you'd think that the head scout could be somebody from the Q. And they'd used Timmins departure to do it.

Now....what I,d love to do is steal guys from Boston. There's nothing that would please me more than to piss my Bostonian friends. Boston had some good picks lately. Doing a good job. So I'd CLEARLY target Scott Fitzgerald who's assistant of the director of amateur scouting Wayne Smith. I do hear that he is doing a tremendous job for them. And Boston will not be able to make him not movable based on the fact that this is a promotion.

CAN TEAMS PISSED OFF BOSTON INSTEAD OF HELPING THEM ONCE IN A WHILE? Thank you. Feeling better now.

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I really don't think it's that big of a deal if he goes. He's done a decent job but hardly irreplaceable.

this....

And I would add, I guess TT didn't like working with the new management group as much as the old. They tried to work together but after a year have decided to part ways...

TT was surrounded with guys like Chrula, Bones, etc..., etc... it's a different culture and one that TT did not choose... can't hardly blame him.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Totally educated guess. I'm not in the inside even if I'd love thinking that I was. Not even educated at this point, just a guess. As Nolet is getting old and might not want to make all those trips so in the end, might not happen. Just that with the idea to "never miss" a kid from the Q as Bergevin once said, you'd think that the head scout could be somebody from the Q. And they'd used Timmins departure to do it.

Now....what I,d love to do is steal guys from Boston. There's nothing that would please me more than to piss my Bostonian friends. Boston had some good picks lately. Doing a good job. So I'd CLEARLY target Scott Fitzgerald who's assistant of the director of amateur scouting Wayne Smith. I do hear that he is doing a tremendous job for them. And Boston will not be able to make him not movable based on the fact that this is a promotion.

Just a name that struck a cord with me. My GF is from St-Odilon and the family over there mentionned the name a few times per summer. I know he's old( like, too old if you get what I'm getting at) so I was surprised to see you jump on the occasion to mention Nolet.

All I know is that he's respected and pulls lot of weight with the Flyers.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Let's wait for facts before panicking.

Yes, Timmins is a huge part of this team, but there are other scouts elsewhere in this league who can become huge parts for us too...

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
I haven't studied the Flyers track record as a whole, but they've beat us to the punch several times in spectacular ways... Richards, Carter, Gagné, etc... He had a direct or indirect say in all those decisions.

I hope the news Timmins goes is not true... However, we could do much worse than Nolet in terms of his replacement (i.e. whoever was calling the shots in the late 90s in Montreal).

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
:cry: please don't go...

It is true that this draft was unlike his other ones. I really have a feeling that management forced his hand on alot of our picks.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Oh well. These types of things happen to big time corporations all the time. You know what they do? Poach an unheralded guy from another. The Habs have allure and they will replace him easily.

People can complain all they want, but Timmins has been here since 2003 and the team still isn't a perennial playoff team. I'm not saying it's his fault, but he's not the god everyone makes him out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->