Trevor Timmins Discussion (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
We have the proof DD helped scoring these goals from Patch.
No we don't.

Max Paccioretty was a 30+ goalscorer at 23 years old before DD was even on the roster. DD leached points off of those guys.

Seriously the guy starts the season with a point in 20 games... how the hell was this helping anyone? He was a 4th line player in a first line role. He didn't drive possession, he sucked ass. He was the 4th best center on the team and gifted the best minutes. It's a joke how he was used.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
No we don't.

Max Paccioretty was a 30+ goalscorer at 23 years old before DD was even on the roster. DD leached points off of those guys.

Seriously the guy starts the season with a point in 20 games... how the hell was this helping anyone? He was a 4th line player in a first line role. He didn't drive possession, he sucked ass. He was the 4th best center on the team and gifted the best minutes. It's a joke how he was used.

We should probably move on from that DD debate. Everybody is pretty much on the same position they were at the beginning. And rest of the people watching this thread couldn't care less about DD right now....especially in a Timmins discussion. If we still want that debate, should be moved in the ex-habs thread.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
We should probably move on from that DD debate. Everybody is pretty much on the same position they were at the beginning. And rest of the people watching this thread couldn't care less about DD right now....especially in a Timmins discussion. If we still want that debate, should be moved in the ex-habs thread.
If I had my way, DD would never be discussed again. His usage was the dumbest shit I've ever seen.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
If I had my way, DD would never be discussed again. His usage was the dumbest shit I've ever seen.

No problem with me. Even if I agree about his usage though, usage shouldn't stop a guy from ever being able to progress whether it's his team or once traded. Shouldn't be. WE've seen numerous players having to deal with bad usage before they got a better one within his team. And we've seen plenty of players underutilize with a team becoming great when they were being used properly. But that's where we disagree. Might as well leave it at that.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
13 picks is a crazy amount of picks to have in one draft!! Since the 08 draft (12 drafts years and a total of 363 team drafts)... These are the stats of how many teams had 10+ picks

- 10 picks (19 times out of 363): Ducks (08), Bruins (15), Sabres (16), Blackhawks (10), Wings (18), Oilers (13), Panthers (11), Kings (09), Kings (14), Habs (19), Preds (13), Rangers (18), Sens (11), Flyers (16), Blues (08), Blues (14), Lightning (16), Caps (12), Jets (13),

- 11 picks (9 times out of 363):
Sabres (13), Blackhawks (11), Wings (17), Wings (19), Oilers (10), Habs (18), Devils (17), Devils (19), Leafs (16)

- 12 picks (2 times out of 363):
Canes (19), Knights (17),

- 13 picks (2 times out of 363):
Panthers (10), Islanders (08)

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Could foresee some of this years draft picks being moved for:

-player(s) becoming available in June
-to move up in this year's draft
-for future draft picks so that they have an ongoing surplus

Otherwise there is just too many to sign all at once with the 50 contract limit.

As an example, I believe Detroit had 5 unsigned draft picks last summer, including a couple of third rounders.

Reactions: Archijerej

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I think I'm on to something here about signed or drafted players and hired personal.

DD smaller , Gallagher smaller and Timmins smaller.

My advance stats definitely show a growing tendency.
We're all guilty of preferring players we relate to. It's why you see coaches who were journeymen nhlers butt heads with the primadonna Superstars. "Give me a hard worker over a lazy Superstar anyday"

Timmins, he likes his fellow swole manlets.

Reactions: Toene

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The 50-contract limit shouldn't be an issue as there are only 4 players being drafted in the first two rounds, the other ones will almost certainly be busts. It should also be obvious to the Habs which players are worthy of a contract by the end of the D+2 year.

NHL drafting seems to have gotten more efficient in recent years, and there are fewer and fewer good players being drafted after the 1st round. The Habs should move up solely to get better draft picks.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
The 50-contract limit shouldn't be an issue as there are only 4 players being drafted in the first two rounds, the other ones will almost certainly be busts. It should also be obvious to the Habs which players are worthy of a contract by the end of the D+2 year.

NHL drafting seems to have gotten more efficient in recent years, and there are fewer and fewer good players being drafted after the 1st round. The Habs should move up solely to get better draft picks.
Expect a bunch of guys going the NCAA route and Euros to be picked this year. That'll give the team some manoeuvrability and time vs being limited to the silly 2 years to sign CHLers rule.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
François Gagnon and Marc de Foy both questioning the drafting record in the press conference. Deflective answers from MB.

At least they brought it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
François Gagnon and Marc de Foy both questioning the drafting record in the press conference. Deflective answers from MB.

At least they brought it up.

Yet they had no idea how to counter attack. They gave him fastballs.....Bergevin hit the ball and then......they didn't even throw the ball towards 1st base. Bergevin looked so stupid responding and yet...no follow-up.

It's all great to shout ....WHAT ABOUT DRAFTING.....but then when Bergevin answers....and nothing else comes out, it's really as if he had responded. Which he obviously didn't.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
One f***ing question to ask Bergevin.....why do you still believe in needs as far as drafting is concerned?

get25

Oct 17, 2015
BTW Those wishing TT gone can forget it until the draft.

After the draft, as usual, a lot of posters will be happy.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Timmins is already not our head scout. He is the wrong scapegoat. I swear we have the dumbest fan base.

If Timmins is the only head to roll after all this the team isn't going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->