Trevor Smith

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
He had one pretty bad d-zone giveaway in the first, but otherwise has been solid the last few games.

When Kadri and Bozak are both back (possibly as early as next game), either Holland or Smith will be the odd man out. Right now, as much as I want to see Holland succeed, Smith is the guy to go with IMO

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
JVR-Holland-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson
Raymond-Smith-Kulemin
Smithson-McClement-Orr

When Bozak comes back I have no idea.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
JVR-Holland-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Clarkson
Raymond-Smith-Kulemin
Smithson-McClement-Orr

When Bozak comes back I have no idea.

against Preds, Caps, Blue Jackets:

JVR-Kadri-Kessel
Lupul-Bozak-Clarkson
Raymond-McClement-Kulemin
Holland-Smithson-Smith

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
solid depth centre-man.

maybe keep him up for a bit longer but in the long-term he's not much more than a depth forward and a decent one at that.

him and Holland give us some good depth centres to call up.

Would like to give holland more time though, it's only been two games!

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
JVR-Kadri-Kessel
Lupul-Holland-Clarkson
Raymond-Smith-McClement
Orr-McClement-McLaren

I still want to give Holland a chance in top six role for a few games more before sending him down. See how he plays with Lupul.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
JVR-Kadri-Kessel
Lupul-Bozak-Clarkson
Raymond-McClement-Kulemin
Holland-Smithson-Smith

Holland will play top 9, or AHL. Wouldn't be fair to him to play 4th line minutes. Same with Smith, but he could translate easier to a 4th line role of the two.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
He has to play top 6 to be effective and he's been great. I don't think he looked as good his previous stint as a checker. Good guy to call up when needed.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Holland will play top 9, or AHL. Wouldn't be fair to him to play 4th line minutes. Same with Smith, but he could translate easier to a 4th line role of the two.

The fair part is giving him a few more games before his long term assignment with the Marlies.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
He's Mason Raymond without the speed; reliable with good hands, and the play doesn't seem to die on his stick. He's played well for us so far, but he's not good enough to crack our roster when healthy. A good 14th forward utility man to have tucked away in the minors.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
He isn't better than Kadri or Bozak, so he is going to struggle with Holland for 3rd line spot.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson
Raymond - McClement - Kulemin
Orr - Smithson - McClaren

Holland and Smith get sent down. But Smith made a very strong impression and I expect him to be back up if another forward gets injured

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I don't even know what we do when Bozak come back.

with Kadri back Smithson probably doesn't play next game. Holland and Smith have earned 2 of the top 9 Center spots for another game at least. But when Bozak and he might be ready Thursday there's no spot available in the top 9 for both, and there are no winger spots available either except maybe one for Smith on the 4th line if we don't dress both goons.

Honestly as much as it sucks because he's played awesome in the past 3 games in a top 6 spot he probably goes down when Bozak is back

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I'd start Bozak on the 3rd line with Raymond and Kulemin and leave Smith where he is

JVR Kadri Kessel
Lupul Smith Clarkson
Raymond Bozak Kulemin
McClement Smithson Orr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad