Podcast (Audio) Trevor Gillies

islesnyc

Jul 5, 2012
I'm more of a lurker than a poster so apologies if this is not appropriate or in the right place.

After this most recent Tom Wilson slap on the wrist I was thinking about what was the last Islanders incident that was so blatantly an intent to injure and what was the consequence. First thought was the Penguins brawl game so I pulled up YouTube to refresh my memory on the exact details.

Anyway, after rewatching the video, the second link that came up was for a podcast called Fight Stories and a segment of Trevor Gillies talking about that game. I figured it was going to be some dumb interview with a punch drunk former fighter and I'd turn it off after a minute or two. Was completely wrong. I not only watched that segment but it was a portion of a 2 hour interview for which I then watched all of.

A lot of content around coming up thru jrs, the E, the A, the NHL and ultimately the KHL as a hockey tough guy. How fighting worked. Tons of tidbits on players, coaches, GM's, owners, etc. (a bunch of Islander stuff). Was expecting a JT level of terrible interview and got quite the opposite - insightful, interesting and entertaining. I truly found it fascinating.

I'm not posting the direct link because it is very unfiltered and really rough around the edges. Not appropriate for everyone.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm more of a lurker than a poster so apologies if this is not appropriate or in the right place.

After this most recent Tom Wilson slap on the wrist I was thinking about what was the last Islanders incident that was so blatantly an intent to injure and what was the consequence. First thought was the Penguins brawl game so I pulled up YouTube to refresh my memory on the exact details.

Anyway, after rewatching the video, the second link that came up was for a podcast called Fight Stories and a segment of Trevor Gillies talking about that game. I figured it was going to be some dumb interview with a punch drunk former fighter and I'd turn it off after a minute or two. Was completely wrong. I not only watched that segment but it was a portion of a 2 hour interview for which I then watched all of.

A lot of content around coming up thru jrs, the E, the A, the NHL and ultimately the KHL as a hockey tough guy. How fighting worked. Tons of tidbits on players, coaches, GM's, owners, etc. (a bunch of Islander stuff). Was expecting a JT level of terrible interview and got quite the opposite - insightful, interesting and entertaining. I truly found it fascinating.

I'm not posting the direct link because it is very unfiltered and really rough around the edges. Not appropriate for everyone.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll try to find that later. He was also on Spittin' Chiclets once and we pretty decent, not shying away from any topic. Feel free to post the link though, as long as it's just a language issue and not visuals.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
anyone else think this guy looks like Johnnycakes from the Sopranos?
latest

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->