Trevor Daley making a LOT of noise..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Trevor Daley nearly outplayed every member of the Dallas Stars during 2002's training camp, yet due to Dallas' depth and because of his age (19) he was sent back as the last cut. This year, Daley plays even better, making it very hard for Tippet as Hatcher clone John Erskine is having trouble fitting in, Erskine has a one-way contract.

Daley could already QB our PP right now, he skates so unbelievable smooth. The top skater of the 2002 draft, some already say he's the best skating defenseman since Paul Coffey. Though a bit on the small side, Daley weighs 200 pounds and won't back down from anyone in his own zone, while skating circle's around the ones when he gets on the rush.

Daley is once again our top player in camp, even better then Antti Miettinen and most of our starting line up.

Just wanted to know why I rarely, better yet, never hear his name around here, while prospects like Kirril Koltsov, Keith Ballard, Niklas Kronvall get all the praise they want while not having made the impression Daley has made. I seriously feel Daley has a better shot at the Calder trophy then Miettinen, though probably neither would come close due to the lack of icetime.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
This is a good question(why hasnt anyone talked about Daley?). In my opinion he is the best offensive defensemen prospect in the league right now. But by the same token, many of the Stars fans(myself included) didn't mention him very often either. We only really started talking about him after he had a very strong training camp and the whole Erskine/Daley subject got heated.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Well I've always been a huge fan of Trevor Daley and i felt the Stars got a steal at the draft way back when.

He had a ton of potential simply because his skating was so great. He was a bit on the smaller side, but his strength was already very good to the point where his hieght didn't really effect him at all, as a disadvantage.

He is definitely one to keep an eye on, and after this year, I'm sure you will get your wish. He'll be a top 50 prospect next year on practically everyone's list.

uzziman

Nov 6, 2002
Abby
Visit site
The reason I haven't talked about him is that I have no idea who he is, what type of game he plays and have never seen him before. I have heard Stars fans say that he is the 2nd coming, but it is not always a good idea to listen to all the hype.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I thought two Dmen were better skaters...
Bouwmeester and Belle.
A case could be made for Pitkanen too...
Anyone care to compare the 4 here as far as skating goes?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Belle is one of the fastest players I have ever seen. I've heard he also went to more powerskating classes recently. I think he'll be the fastet player in the NHL when all is said and done.

Sammy*

JasonMacIsaac said:
Someone turned the volume down, the guy got cut. I don't know if what I am hearing is true.
How many times did Elias get cut before he made the bigs?
3 times I believe, & forwards have a much easier time making it than defensemen.
Goes to show you, getting cut often doesnt mean much.

V for Voodoo

Nov 7, 2002
Boom Shaka-Laka.
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
What are you talking about, I was going under the impression that he outplayed everyone, every defensmen (he is now 1c lol) and that he would make the team, now he gets cut, sounds a little odd to me.

he had a two way contract, he doesnt have to clear waivers to be sent down while all other dmen on that team do, he's only 19/20.
this might explain why he was sent down despite a stellar camp

V for Voodoo

Nov 7, 2002
Boom Shaka-Laka.
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
if he had a camp like every was saying there is noway any team would send a player down. He outplayed Zubov, Modano, Lehtonen ect.

i'm sure he would have made the team above each of these guys if they didnt have a one way contract.. :o
he had a great camp, he got cut because of a numbers game, lets leave it at that

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
The ONLY reason he got cut is because Erskine has a one-way contract. This guy tore it up throughout training camp and the preseason. The Stars decided to send him down so that they wouldnt lose Erskine on the waiver draft and I believe they are giving Erskine one last chance to stick. You will see this guy sooner than later, especially if Erskine doesn't impress(and i have a feeling that Erskine is gonna be mediocre at best). Daley will eventually be at least a top 4 defensemen and maybe a top pair defensemen. Watch for this guy, the volume won't be turned down on this guy for long.

Karamazov

Mar 6, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
Jeez Daley is talented and has had a good camp but to say he's the most talented defensive prospect around is nuts. Hamhuis, Hainsey, Pitkanen, Tjutin, Grebeshkov and others come to mind immediately. When a Stars fan with "Morrow" in his name makes outrageous claims like that it does nothing but further tarnish your credibility as a fair and objective poster.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
None of what I said is outrageous by any means. I am stating the facts on this one buddy. He is a great prospect and Erskines contract is the only reason he isn't in a Stars jersey opening night. He outplayed Erskine in every way expcept the fight cards. Its that simple.

Karamazov

Mar 6, 2002
Edmonton
Visit site
OttMorrow said:
This is a good question(why hasnt anyone talked about Daley?). In my opinion he is the best offensive defensemen prospect in the league right now. But by the same token, many of the Stars fans(myself included) didn't mention him very often either. We only really started talking about him after he had a very strong training camp and the whole Erskine/Daley subject got heated.
Took me two seconds :lol: Might have looked silly if you didn't change your post above ;) Anyways I'm not disputing the fact that he's had a great camp and looks very promising. All I'm saying is that he isn't the best defensive prospect in the league by a longshot.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Karamazov said:
Took me two seconds :lol: Might have looked silly if you didn't change your post above ;) Anyways I'm not disputing the fact that he's had a great camp and looks very promising. All I'm saying is that he isn't the best defensive prospect in the league by a longshot.
Yep by a wide margin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad