Player Discussion Trent Frederic

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Give Senyshyn a shot.
Call up Kuhlman.
Call up Smith to play wing.

You've seen Frederic has no business being there. If it has to be a center. Call JFK back up.

Because this management team clearly has favorites.

I dont' mind the Kuhlman and Smith idea

but no chance Senyshyn gets a shot when he can't even crack the top 6 down at Prov

Also JFK is just returning from injury... and prob not playing at full health

but I wouldn't mind seeing him again.

I'm not sure favoring but Frederic in theory is a better physical presence. Just didn't pan out tonight

I'm not sure if he will get another shot on Thurs or they will callup Kuhlman instead

Reactions: Strafer

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I dont' mind the Kuhlman and Smith idea

but no chance Senyshyn gets a shot when he can't even crack the top 6 down at Prov

Also JFK is just returning from injury... and prob not playing at full health

but I wouldn't mind seeing him again.

I'm not sure favoring but Frederic in theory is a better physical presence. Just didn't pan out tonight

I'm not sure if he will get another shot on Thurs or they will callup Kuhlman instead

Dressing 11 forwards is better than dressing Frederic.

Yes, that is a bit hyperbolic. It however isn't that far off from the truth sadly.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Smith, Carey, Kuhlman, Fitz all better options than Fredric. Fredric needs another full year in the A.

I actually want to sit Kuraly who clearly isn't 100% and I think returned too soon from his concussion and let the top of the lineup try and get us points.

Backes looked very good with Brad and Patrice tonight I keep him there for Winnipeg and the rematch vs Cbus at home. I don't let him anywhere near another line right now since I don't think that will go well.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Dressing 11 forwards is better than dressing Frederic.

Yes, that is a bit hyperbolic. It however isn't that far off from the truth sadly.

Well, it would be much closer to the truth if the Bruins weren’t already playing Kampfer on D...

If Miller and Gryz were healthy, that would be debatable.

As for Frederic, weak game. Lost opportunity for him.

Reactions: Strafer

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The similarities between him and Backes career trajectory are interesting

It means next year will be the one he becomes an impact guy if the similarities continue

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The similarities between him and Backes career trajectory are interesting

It means next year will be the one he becomes an impact guy if the similarities continue

Frederic played D1 as a true freshman at age 18 and turned Pro at age 20 (he just turned 21 last month).

At age 20, Backes was entering his second season at MSU (Mankato). He would spend another year there, turn pro and played his first pro season at age 22 (half in the AHL/half in the NHL). In his second year as a pro at age 23, he had 31 pts in 72 games. His game really took off the next year at age 24.

The two year age difference at this stage in their respective developments is a big factor IMO. If Frederic could come in next year and produce 25-30 points at age 21, I think he would be ahead of where Backes was, given the age difference.

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton

Wasn't exactly sure where to post this or if it had been posted somewhere else already so feel free to move it if need be.

Really cheap shot. Hope Frederic is ok.

Root

Feb 22, 2010

Wasn't exactly sure where to post this or if it had been posted somewhere else already so feel free to move it if need be.

Really cheap shot. Hope Frederic is ok.

That's f***ing horse shit. Absolute piece of shit play by Archibald. I hope Frederic is okay, this is my first time seeing this.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
More evidence just how much this management team plays favorites with prospects.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I'm not gonna lie I don't even remember him playing. Frederic is okay but he doesn't have the puck skills in the offensive zone yet, gotta hope they develop over time.

Agree

When he first came up he didnt do anything fancy other than short passes, dump and chase, safe game

Just needs to keep doing this and try to build from there. Model his game after Wagner

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Still take him over JFK anyday of the week. Once again a tough player is being attacked by the DPB. He might not have had a good game but at least he will be a decent depth forward. Same cant be said for JFK, Fitzgerald or some of the other favorite prospects who have never been in z fight or thrown a hit.

I think he will wind up being a winger with his shot and physical play as positives and because he seems lost at times at center.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Still take him over JFK anyday of the week. Once again a tough player is being attacked by the DPB. He might not have had a good game but at least he will be a decent depth forward. Same cant be said for JFK, Fitzgerald or some of the other favorite prospects who have never been in z fight or thrown a hit.

I think he will wind up being a winger with his shot and physical play as positives and because he seems lost at times at center.

Why so hard on JFK

We saw some good things from him this season also. Very good skater, iq and has soft hands (though could shoot more)

He just need to keep building on his body and stay off the injury list

Reactions: HustleB

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Color me shocked!! Fenian takes the lesser player who is "physical" (but doesn't show it on an NHL level) and hasn't produced diddly over another who isn't physical but has at least produced and looked good at times in his NHL stints. This post is just more of why you're so out of touch with the game. Keep pumping that garbage DPB group that doesn't exist anywhere except in your head.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Why so hard on JFK

We saw some good things from him this season also. Very good skater, iq and has soft hands (though could shoot more)

He's hard on JFK because he deemed him soft because he's not physical and that's the end of it. JFK > Frederic and it's not even close at this point.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
What do you mean?

Edit: Nevermind, I saw your previous post. I agree 100%. This kid doesn't belong in the NHL at all.

I even like Frederic as a prospect, but he never deserved the 2nd call up, let alone a 3rd. They already tried to JFK move him and despite being better in both the NHL and AHL, Frederic is given the opportunities.

JFK + Backes if they deem they need cap space is my off season trade prediction.

Trent Frederic has been the 2nd worst forward to step on the ice for the Bruins, the other being Gemel Smith in his 3 games.

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

He does absolutely nothing on the ice for the Bruins. He beat up Tanev, that is the lone highlight of his career.

Reactions: Estlin

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I like Frederic and I think he's just a kid who needs time. He appears more worried about doing the little things on the ice and being defensive responsible. I like what I see, there's talent there and as soon as he settles in and rely's more on instinct and ability, he's going to be fine.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Why so hard on JFK

People say they have seen nothing from Frederic but I have seen less than nothing from JFK. Bergeron light my ***. He is a complete perimeter player who avoids contact and conflict at all costs, and while he is a decent skater it doesn't really matter if he stops short of going into any area where there may be contact.

Even in a wussified league this kid is a wuss, there are poor intangibles and players with no intangibles, JFK strikes my as someone who will be playing for his hometown team in Sweden in a few years, And yes I did say the same thing about Donato and after a hot start he has been invisible with the Wild, and Donato at least has a great shot.

I don't think Fredric is a long term answer at center, nor is JFK, all of the hopes for Krecji's replacement being in house now lay with Studnicka. Would love to see the Bruins try to move up and draft Trevor Zegras If they stay put at 24-31 John Beecher would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad