Treliving

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
The funny part is people say we overrate our Dmen.... but holy cow does Hamilton/Gio get no respect on the main boards
They want to trade for him but won't actually give up the assets needed to get a young #2 so when we say no they just resort to
"4 nUmBeR 1 d MeN lol"

Or

"How com u don't win if they r so good?"

I'm honestly surprised we don't get more offers for Gaudreau and Tkachuk to help us "fix our team".

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
So the Flames pick is almost certainly going to be 11 or 12 as long as they don't win the lotto.

I'm more pissed about the two 2nd rounders being gone at this point, I'm not too enthusiastic about the guys projected to go just after 10

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
So the Flames pick is almost certainly going to be 11 or 12 as long as they don't win the lotto.

I'm more pissed about the two 2nd rounders being gone at this point, I'm not too enthusiastic about the guys projected to go just after 10
Idk I think the top 15 or so is solid and the back-end looks really weak.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
I’m thinking the next 30 days will be seen as the most important time in treliving’s Calgary tenure.

A playoff miss again might spell his end. Most interesting part of that is will bill peters outlast his hiring gm?

I think 2018-19 is a huge year for the flames in the direction of the team.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I’m thinking the next 30 days will be seen as the most important time in treliving’s Calgary tenure.

A playoff miss again might spell his end. Most interesting part of that is will bill peters outlast his hiring gm?

I think 2018-19 is a huge year for the flames in the direction of the team.

100% agree with this.
Tre will need to have a solid offseason. Last year he pulled the cord far too early and gave up a tonne of picks in a move that was best suited for a competitor.

There’s rumour we have our eyes on some FA RWs. Not sure there are many I’d be holding my breath for.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Brad’s chair starting to get warm?
I mean, sure, we could fire the GM and bring someone in. Then maybe, if we're lucky, they'll be good at analyzing the roster's deficiency and making bold moves to correct them. But then again, that's what Brad has consistently done since getting here, so we might as well not pay two people if we can avoid it.

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
I mean, sure, we could fire the GM and bring someone in. Then maybe, if we're lucky, they'll be good at analyzing the roster's deficiency and making bold moves to correct them. But then again, that's what Brad has consistently done since getting here, so we might as well not pay two people if we can avoid it.

He really needs to start analyzing the deficiency between the pipes. We've had 13 goalies since he started.

13!!! it's unbelievable.

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
He really needs to start analyzing the deficiency between the pipes. We've had 13 goalies since he started.

13!!! it's unbelievable.

He did, and he brought in Mike Smith, who finally gave us good starting goaltending. There's a reason teams turn into goalie graveyards if they don't play good defensive hockey. We've made all kinds of changes over the years, and if the nucleus of players who have remained aren't able to make a real change in how they support each other and help out their goaltender in the defensive zone (compared to last night), none of those changes are going to matter.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
He did, and he brought in Mike Smith, who finally gave us good starting goaltending. There's a reason teams turn into goalie graveyards if they don't play good defensive hockey. We've made all kinds of changes over the years, and if the nucleus of players who have remained aren't able to make a real change in how they support each other and help out their goaltender in the defensive zone (compared to last night), none of those changes are going to matter.

I agreed the core is rotten and he keeps building on top of it

Trade Brodie and Monahan and rebuild properly

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Sorry changing my post now that I've calmed down a bit. I don't know if there is anything wrong with the core, but it is apparent there is something wrong with the roster. The Flames give up way too easily. And that might require further roster changes. Or even further coaching/management changes.

I find it odd that some 'rebuilding' teams, e.g. Vancouver, NYR, Carolina, Montreal are playing a cohesive, fast game with all the personnel changes they've had. And we're not. We see the same behaviours and regression in play despite the new blood we've brought in.

As I said in my now deleted original post. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad