Travis Sanheim Discussion Thread Part Two

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Sanheim is being sheltered (rarely on the ice against top lines) which is smart usage, he needs time to adjust and has had some confidence issues.
Allowing him to have success on a regular basis should boost his confidence and allow him to grow into a bigger role as the season progresses.
This is pretty normal usage for a young defenseman and is the way you should handle them, Sanheim is no Provorov or MacAvoy.

Sanheim has played well being eased in.

Reactions: hatcher

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
I don't want any part of a Sanheim for Nylander trade. In fact I'm hoping Ron blocks Dubas until after December.
Such a trade would be a mistake.

Sanheim’s only weakness is absence of growl in his own end. Once that gets squared away, he’s gonna be a good one.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I doubt Hextall would trade Sanheim for Nylander, Ghost maybe because he probably has no upside left, but Sanheim has too much potential to sell short.
Sanheim puts up great numbers b/c he's sheltered, as he gains more experience his minutes will gradually increase.
He still lacks strength, he struggles at time in his own D-zone, and can't play in front of his net.

On offense, he does everything but finish right now, that will come eventually, he has 5 ES points (all assists) in 22 games, Hagg for example has 9 points including 3 goals. MacDonald put 6-14 20 in 66 games last year, D-men should rack up points in this offense.

He's still only 22 (23 on March 29), there's no need to rush him, over the next couple years I expect him to settle into a top 4 role.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It's sad that no matter what he does, he can't get more icetime.

It should be that quality of performance is what determines icetime, but unfortunately that's not the case here.

On top of quantity of icetime, he's also being screwed in quality. Doesn't get the chances he deserves and it hurts the team. Putting him on the PP is a no-brainer.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Remember.

Exceppppppt Weisebiscuit can jump into a healthy top 6 because he scored 1 goal this year. What a witless hypocrite.

Meanwhile Hagg can see his go up and up and up... until he leads the entire team in icetime.

It’s 100% indisputable, performance has nothing to do with icetime and it’s impossible to increase your role based on merit. Fact.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries

Sanheim’s only weakness is absence of growl in his own end. Once that gets squared away, he’s gonna be a good one.

I would like to see him have a little more edge in his own end and in front of the net especially, but I get the feeling that's just not in his personality.

With the way the league plays now I honestly don't think it will be a huge detriment though.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

IMO he has a weak shot. I think he will have a difficult time ever scoring over double digits in this league. His slapshot does not have much power from the blue line. He has a great wrister but has yet to put one in.

Reactions: JXC

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
IMO he has a weak shot. I think he will have a difficult time ever scoring over double digits in this league. His slapshot does not have much power from the blue line. He has a great wrister but has yet to put one in.

With his mobility and ability to walk the line his wrist shot could be a better asset then a big slap shot. With time I think he will get really good at finding lanes and getting screened shots through to the net by being able to change his angles.

I think the biggest suppressor to his goal scoring potential is Ghost eating up all the PP1 time.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He's never going to be a big goal scorer, at least not with the Flyers unless there is a dramatic shift in how the organization views him compared to Provorov. It has nothing to do with his shot.

Well, Provorov has a better shot, is more physical and skates almost as well.
Provorov is also a year younger, which is easy to forget.

Reactions: JXC

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
his 3 lowest TOI games of the year....have come in the last 5 games....3 games playing under 12:40 a night.

He has 3g+1a in those games.

No reward for playing well under Hak unless you have no talent. Speaking of which:

Andrew MacDonald has not played LESS than 19:39 minutes a game the last 6 games.....since Hextall was fired. Also 6 of his top 7 TOI games this year have come since Hextall was fired.

Certainly looks like Hex was pushing for Travis to play and for AMac to play less. Yet Hextall lost the battle. f*** us all.

Oskar Man

Social Assassin
Nov 30, 2010
his 3 lowest TOI games of the year....have come in the last 5 games....3 games playing under 12:40 a night.

He has 3g+1a in those games.

No reward for playing well under Hak unless you have no talent. Speaking of which:

Andrew MacDonald has not played LESS than 19:39 minutes a game the last 6 games.....since Hextall was fired. Also 6 of his top 7 TOI games this year have come since Hextall was fired.

Certainly looks like Hex was pushing for Travis to play and for AMac to play less. Yet Hextall lost the battle. **** us all.

Indefensible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->