Sanheim's Christmas wish list

tP4YqxZ.png

oh ****
well straight from one of my fav players to THE MOST HATED, GG NICE ONE

Reactions: Hakroach

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Pulled him from the PP after that Boston game and the team scores 4 PP goals. :sarcasm:

Seriously how do you play someone on the top pair, in the last minute of games, but he's not a regular on any of the special teams units? I'm glad he's getting a TOI bump now that whatshisface is gone, but that is mind numbing. I don't think I want to live in a world where Nurse QBs a PP with McDavid on it, and one Travis gets demoted from the 2nd unit of the worst PP in the league after a 2 point game. :confused:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Pulled him from the PP after that Boston game and the team scores 4 PP goals. :sarcasm:

Seriously how do you play someone on the top pair, in the last minute of games, but he's not a regular on any of the special teams units? I'm glad he's getting a TOI bump now that whatshisface is gone, but that is mind numbing. I don't think I want to live in a world where Nurse QBs a PP with McDavid on it, and one Travis gets demoted from the 2nd unit of the worst PP in the league after a 2 point game. :confused:
He just doesn't have the skating, creativity, or the shot to play point on the PP...

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
People get weird about Sanheim.

He's shown on the 1st pair that he's really not ready for that responsibility, nor is he comfortable on the right side.
With Gudas, he had a RHD who could handle the physical stuff and got easier matchups and had far better advanced metrics - which just shows that these metrics are heavily influenced by situation and usage. Notice Ghost has similar numbers when paired with Gudas.

This is what I mean by imbalance, and it will take a couple years and probably one trade to work out.
We need to see if Morin is for real in March.
Myers will need 1-2 NHL seasons to figure out what he's doing and use those tremendous physical skills to best advantage.
Then we need to address the LHD/RHD imbalance.

One reason to trade for a veteran RHD, pair him with Provorov, put Sanheim and Myers on the 2nd pair and in 2020-21 we'll have a foursome as good as Nashville. Ghost/Morin/Hagg - Gudas/Friedman can be the third pair until Kalynuk, Zamula, Ginning, Wylie and St Ivany come up.

Otherwise,
Provorov - Myers
Sanheim - Gudas
Morin - Ghost.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Flyers aren't winning b/c Sanheim is on the top pair, for one thing, he basically replaced Ghost - is that an upgrade?

Flyers are winning because Carter Hart walks on (frozen) water.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Flyers aren't winning b/c Sanheim is on the top pair, for one thing, he basically replaced Ghost - is that an upgrade?

Flyers are winning because Carter Hart walks on (frozen) water.

Tell yourself whatever you have to believe to avoid facing the fact that your coaching idol misused him and that the team is better with Sanheim playing in Hogg's old role.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Sanheim > Hagg

And

Lindblom > Weise

Which is part of why
Gordon (bad coach) > Hak (worse coach)

Also shoutout to Gordon for not playing Hart in back-to-backs.

I dont even know that id call Gordon "bad." Not good, but not bad.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I think he's horrible, but we've just been subjected to the absolute worst for so long that he seems good by comparison. :laugh:

He's certainly WAY better at player usage and communication though.

Yeah, when you have arguably the worst coach in the NHL for 4 years, it's hard to objectively gauge the worth of your interim.

I don't think there's anything Gordon does worse than Hak though, except maybe blankly stare into space as if someone pulled the plug on his brain.

Reactions: Peacekeeper

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I have no issue with anyone saying Sanheim should be in the 2nd pairing. I agree. But he also is a kid who thrives with more icetime as it certainly helps his confidence.

And what we have been starting to see, is Travis get into the faces of top players like Schefele when we played the Jets.

But he should have been getting more minutes all along this year for his own development. It's not about winning or losing games at this point, it's about getting the kids more ready for next year.

Still baffled that he is not being used on the #2 PP ahead of Provy. He is a much better creator.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I have no issue with anyone saying Sanheim should be in the 2nd pairing. I agree. But he also is a kid who thrives with more icetime as it certainly helps his confidence.

And what we have been starting to see, is Travis get into the faces of top players like Schefele when we played the Jets.

But he should have been getting more minutes all along this year for his own development. It's not about winning or losing games at this point, it's about getting the kids more ready for next year.

Still baffled that he is not being used on the #2 PP ahead of Provy. He is a much better creator.

Right. I'm not trying to claim that he's a top pairing D today. But the team continues to win with him there. Sure the goaltending situation is improved, but theres something to be said for the fact that the pair hasnt really been split and we keep winning. It's crazy what happens when you don't tinker with your lineup just to tinker.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Right. I'm not trying to claim that he's a top pairing D today. But the team continues to win with him there. Sure the goaltending situation is improved, but theres something to be said for the fact that the pair hasnt really been split and we keep winning. It's crazy what happens when you don't tinker with your lineup just to tinker.
But I do agree with Dead on this one....it's winning because of the upgrade in goaltending.

But last year, we win because our top scorers carried the bad goaltending, D, and coaching.

We still have a very flawed team, system, coaching, etc...But Fletch has lots of assets in prospects, picks, cap space, and an open coaching job to fix this team this summer. Hope he makes the right moves.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
Sanheim should be on the left side of Gudas and Ghost should be on the right of Provorov. It’s the best way to get the most out of all 4 players.

Then obviously the bottom pair should include Myers.
Exactly! Sanheim looks way more comfotable on his strong side and also he's more useful when not playing against best opponent's forces all game long. His possession metrics on the 2nd pair with Gudas were incredible. As well as not using Provy and Ghost together is stupid. They were one of the best pairs in the entire league last season, they have tremendous chemistry.

Reactions: Striiker

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
Sanheim > Hagg

And

Lindblom > Weise

Which is part of why
Gordon (bad coach) > Hak (worse coach)

Also shoutout to Gordon for not playing Hart in back-to-backs.
This is true. Not sure Gordon is a bad coach. Average with the possibility to improve? Just the ice time figures make for a more positive rating!

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
This is true. Not sure Gordon is a bad coach. Average with the possibility to improve? Just the ice time figures make for a more positive rating!
He really is a bad coach. We are regularly outplayed but our star power is winning games.

Esentially the only difference between Hak and Gordon is that Gordon actually plays the best players and doesnt roll the fourth line out for 20 minutes a game. Oh and he doesnt appear to run goaltenders into the ground either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->