OT: Travis Roy, Who Inspired Others After Life-Altering Hockey Injury At BU, Dead At 45

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Has there been any word on the cause of his death?

On Tuesday, the worst fears about last month’s surgery were realized. Travis was rushed to the University of Vermont Medical Center for emergency surgery due to complications from the previous surgery. When he died Thursday afternoon, his parents and sister Tobi were at his side.

Reactions: StrBender and BMC

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
On Tuesday, the worst fears about last month’s surgery were realized. Travis was rushed to the University of Vermont Medical Center for emergency surgery due to complications from the previous surgery. When he died Thursday afternoon, his parents and sister Tobi were at his side.
I'm just going to go sit in the corner and cry now. :-(

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

That is absolutely heart breaking.

StrBender

Mar 7, 2005
North Shore, MA
I'm just going to go sit in the corner and cry now. :-(

That's exactly how I feel. Even though he's not related to me, it still feels like losing a family member. I lost a sister unexpectedly on 11/8/16 which was the last election day. She had a lot of health issues like Travis. So it's a tough time. Travis did a wonderful job under unfortunate circumstances and for that, he will ALWAYS be in the hearts and minds of those he touched. RIP...........

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->