Travis Dermott 2019-20 Season Overview and Contract Projection

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
None of us are making this a much bigger issue. I have said repeatedly that I don't care. Happy if he can. If the team doesn't feel that he can't then they have to make the right decisions for all parties. You are completely invested in your belief.

I think you meant - if da team

Reactions: kb

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Sandin does not skate at da NHL level yet.

Sandin skates fine. His issue is that the Leafs' don't have a suitable partner to play him with. He looked great with Ceci and Marincin although both are still far from ideal partners for him. Looked terrible with Barrie and Liljegren. All of which anyone with common sense would have predicted. Most NHL teams would have brought him into the NHL, either this season or next, far more successfully than Toronto did by putting him with a big, physical, defensive veteran D partner.

Last edited:

kb

Aug 28, 2009
There would seem to be less of a need to pair Rielly and Dermott "now", assuming all of Barrie, Holl and Ceci play when games resume. Things could very well change going into next season if there's an imbalance between LHD and RHD though.
Muzzin - Holl
Rielly - Ceci
Dermott - Barrie.

Let's roll.....

Reactions: Buds17

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
So you are very invested. Being able to do something well at one level doesn't mean you can do it well enough at the next level. I am not saying that he can or can't. But so far I have seen little indication that the organization shares your confidence. I really like Dermott as a player. I want to see him be very successful as a D in the NHL. If that is on the Leafs that would be amazing. If it can only be done on another team, again I want to see him be successful.

I have long been hoping for the Leafs' to fix part of their issues by moving Rielly to the right side pairing him with Muzzin as their matchup pair. Resulting in a second pairing presumably of Dermott and Holl. But just because I feel that Rielly has played well on the right side doesn't mean that the team agrees.
Rielly will never ever move to right side. He does not have da hands to make it work. Dermy has ability because he has learned how to make all the adjustments over many many many years. It is very hard for any guy never mind an NHLer AHLer OHLER to make switch. From turn, to pivot, to positioning of addressing puck and angle of stick for passes etc. It takes years and years of REP to learn it. It is a practice made perfect game defense. Good news is Dermy will have very few issues learning it except pace of game. He wants to sign, Leafs want to sign him and he will play right side next season with either Muzzy likely or maybe Rielly.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Rielly will never ever move to right side. He does not have da hands to make it work. Dermy has ability because he has learned how to make all the adjustments over many many many years. It is very hard for any guy never mind an NHLer AHLer OHLER to make switch. From turn, to pivot, to positioning of addressing puck and angle of stick for passes etc. It takes years and years of REP to learn it. It is a practice made perfect game defense. Good news is Dermy will have very few issues learning it except pace of game. He wants to sign, Leafs want to sign him and he will play right side next season with either Muzzy likely or maybe Rielly.

If you are wondering if I am going to take your word for it when it comes to the ability or likelihood for either Rielly or Dermott moving to the right side, the answer is no - I am absolutely not. If the team decide to do so then I will take their word for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->