GDT: Traverse City Prospects Tournament

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
It's time to begin the return to the top following last years upset by the Blackhawks.

Games:
9/7 - Canes vs Blues @3:30PM EST
9/8 - Canes vs Blackhawks @3:00PM EST
9/10 - Canes vs Blue Jackets @7PM EST
9/11 - TBD

all games streaming on foxsportsgo.com

Roster:
15 - C/W Aleksi Saarela
21 - RW Julien Gauthier
24 - D Jake Bean
26 - D Michael Fora
37 - RW Andrei Svechnikov
45 - C/W Morgan Geekie
51 - RW Stelio Mattheos
52 - C Luke Henman
58 - C Nic Roy
59 - LW Janne Kuokkanen
61 - C/RW Cliff Pu
62 - D Brendan De Jong
68 - D Bruce Reilly*
78 - D Theo Calvas*
81 - C David Levin*
82 - D Mitch Eliot*
84 - C Max Grondin*
85 - D Connor Schlichting*
87 - C Matthew Struthers*
88 - C Martin Necas
89 - C Cedric Ralph*

50 - G Jeremy Helvig
90 - G Mario Culina*

Last edited:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
More invitee randos than usual? I guess we just don’t really have that many eligible dmen with all our NCAA and overseas draftees

Bingo. the NCAAers have to pay their own way and school is already in session, and the Euros have their leagues already starting up. And IIRC someone mentioned that you could only appear in the tournament twice after turning pro.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
The good news is he has 2 really good RHD prospects to use on the two pairings.
The bad news is looking at the other 5 dmen available hurts my soul.

I’m not so worried about defense and goalies. Giving up a ton of goals will hopefully just push the top-9 to score more - which is what the Canes really need heading into next year.

Velucci led the Checkers to the most goals in the AHL last year. He knows how to put these young guys in a position to score. They will need it.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I’m not so worried about defense and goalies. Giving up a ton of goals will hopefully just push the top-9 to score more - which is what the Canes really need heading into next year.

Velucci led the Checkers to the most goals in the AHL last year. He knows how to put these young guys in a position to score. They will need it.
Oh I hear ya man. I'm just used to the past couple 2-3 years being able to send a prospect group that's like "oh you guys want to score too? that's cute".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad