Traverse City 2018 - CBJ style

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I cant 'hate' on Stenlund anymore after seeing him these handful of games. I still think he probably still "tops out" as a 3rd liner (imo wing over center) but if I consider Anisimov a 2nd line center, while its not probable, I guess you could say its possible. He's is right there with Vigneault, Robinson, and Davidsson (and Sedlak) for the last few spots. In my mind, thinking about the guys and the "roles" available, things do not look good for Milano and Hanikainen.

Kivlieniks is also good. Good-good.

I don't think ANY of the defenseman look (ed) out of place. I like Wade. More mobile, less skilled, possibly more aggressive version of Savard. Collins, for all the shit he's gotten around here, looks pretty good.

Sherwood is a legit NHL prospect. I get a serious Hartnell vibe from him.

!@$%^&*(

HAHA im f***ing taking forever typing this while watchin. The pause and -10 buttons hard.

JUSTIN 'OGIE" WADE!! SON!!! SHIT WAS CLEAN. Like the dude from CAR, he's looking at the ice.

EDIT EDIT

Now, the hit didn't affect that goal that much, BUT the combo of the hit WITH that goal is a HUGE momentum shift.

The game is over.

EDIT EDIT EDIT

Foudy is a young Michael Grabner. Hands and finish are an issue. He does seem to be much smarter than him though.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Wheelchair

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The defenseman that's been impressing me for this game is Prapavessis.

Also, Zadina back on the bench, which is good to see.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
The defenseman that's been impressing me for this game is Prapavessis.

Yeah if he'd been seriously hurt the accusations of gooning it up in a prospect tournament might have had some merit.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Stenlund with the breakout pass to TFW, who loses the puck momentarily but then gets it back and beats the goalie. 5-3 Jackets.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Great tenacious goal by TFW, bad penalty though. Everyone in the building was going to call that penalty.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Awesome game, very fun to watch.

Watching Kivlieniks gives me assurance for the CBJ between the pipes, in the future.

Way to go boys, great championship win!

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I cant 'hate' on Stenlund anymore after seeing him these handful of games. I still think he probably still "tops out" as a 3rd liner (imo wing over center) but if I consider Anisimov a 2nd line center, while its not probable, I guess you could say its possible. He's is right there with Vigneault, Robinson, and Davidsson (and Sedlak) for the last few spots. In my mind, thinking about the guys and the "roles" available, things do not look good for Milano and Hanikainen.

Kivlieniks is also good. Good-good.

I don't think ANY of the defenseman look (ed) out of place. I like Wade. More mobile, less skilled, possibly more aggressive version of Savard. Collins, for all the **** he's gotten around here, looks pretty good.

Sherwood is a legit NHL prospect. I get a serious Hartnell vibe from him.

!@$%^&*(

HAHA im ****ing taking forever typing this while watchin. The pause and -10 buttons hard.

JUSTIN 'OGIE" WADE!! SON!!! **** WAS CLEAN. Like the dude from CAR, he's looking at the ice.

EDIT EDIT

Now, the hit didn't affect that goal that much, BUT the combo of the hit WITH that goal is a HUGE momentum shift.

The game is over.

EDIT EDIT EDIT

Foudy is a young Michael Grabner. Hands and finish are an issue. He does seem to be much smarter than him though.

Agreed with a lot of this but I don't think the Sherwood-Hartnell comparison is going to stick. They don't seem to be in the same mold at all for me. Both are skilled with the puck, but that's all the similarities I see.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Awesome game, very fun to watch.

Watching Kivlieniks gives me assurance for the CBJ between the pipes, in the future.

Way to go boys, great championship win!

I get it, it was his first ‘pro’ season but..
Kivlenieks’ stat line last season was brutal.

3.21 GAA0.891 save percentage
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
He’ll need to prove a lot more this upcoming season in the A to me, for me to say “I have assurance for the CBJ between the pipes in the future”.. being the winning goalie of a prospect tournament isn’t gonna do it. (Not to be a debbie downer).

Also, that last goal by Fix was naaasty.

Great tourney win baby jackets!! (CBJ CBJ)

Reactions: Dempsey

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I love the way Madden approached the tournament. Never take a tournament lightly. Go all-in, team concept, win the damn thing. The Red Wings roster looks like it should be light-years ahead, but the tenacity of the Jackets wore them down.

That and Stenlund was the best player on the ice for either squad, which says a lot given who the Wings had out there.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017

200.gif

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
The defenseman that's been impressing me for this game is Prapavessis

And Sambrook, Cockerill, Wade, and Collins.

All of them (who haven't yet) will probably be signed to AHL deals.

They probably saw Wade a lot watching Peeke.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I get it, it was his first ‘pro’ season but..
Kivlenieks’ stat line last season was brutal.

3.21 GAA0.891 save percentage
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
He’ll need to prove a lot more this upcoming season in the A to me, for me to say “I have assurance for the CBJ between the pipes in the future”.. being the winning goalie of a prospect tournament isn’t gonna do it. (Not to be a debbie downer).

Besides the fact that CLE really didn't have that good of a team, and "everybody" knew that from the start, I really question, did you watch him in ANY of the 3 games he played this past "weekend"?

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
"Legal" does not imply "clean".

Lets not do this, m'kay.

It was LEGAL and CLEAN.

His arm was "hurt" for f***s sake. He missed 1 shift.

Wade's nickname going forward must be "Ogie". Quite honestly he's EXACTLY what I'm looking for, for the Jackets #7/rotation D-man. More aggressive (possibly better) Ian Cole for 25% the price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad