OT: Travelling over for the Heritage Classic...

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Hey all,

I'm heading to Vancouver in March for the Heritage Classic, a buddy of mine and I are travelling alone over, and what we have in mind so far is to drive over, stop at the River Rock and get on a sky train to the game and back, then drive back.

Is that the best way to get to BC Place? Or is there a cheaper way you guys know of?

Thanks.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
It's not really direct but it's easy. Just go all the way downtown, transfer to the expo or millenium line, and get off at GM place.

arsmaster*

Don't drive over if you're worried about finances, BC Ferries is a joke.

I always bus it downtown, it sucks, but it's WAY cheaper.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I used to walk on the ferry from Nanaimo and there was a bus at horseshoe bay that went all the way downtown and had a stop 3 blocks from Rogers arena. Can't remember the route but it was very handy after spending the weekend on the island.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
I used to walk on the ferry from Nanaimo and there was a bus at horseshoe bay that went all the way downtown and had a stop 3 blocks from Rogers arena. Can't remember the route but it was very handy after spending the weekend on the island.

Do you know if it is still running?

JonnyCash

Sep 28, 2008
Vancouver
Hey all,

I'm heading to Vancouver in March for the Heritage Classic, a buddy of mine and I are travelling alone over, and what we have in mind so far is to drive over, stop at the River Rock and get on a sky train to the game and back, then drive back.

Is that the best way to get to BC Place? Or is there a cheaper way you guys know of?

Thanks.

Depending on how much driving around town you will be doing on your trip - you might consider just taking the greyhound over. Take the savings (Over $100) of the car and upgrade to a better hotel downtown.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
It's not really direct but it's easy. Just go all the way downtown, transfer to the expo or millenium line, and get off at GM place.

Going to waterfront is a waste of time. Take the Canada Line to Vancouver City Center and walk. It's literally about a 10 minute walk. Google maps it, it's simple.

Canucks5551

Jun 1, 2005
I take transit all the time when going to the Mainland from the Island. If you're taking the Canada Line up, either walk across the street at Vancouver City Centre to Granville Skytrain and take the Expo or Millenium to Stadium-Chinatown or just walk from City Centre to the rink.

I take the 257 from Horseshoe Bay downtown, myself, because I'm coming from Nanaimo, but I assume you're from Victoria.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
I take transit all the time when going to the Mainland from the Island. If you're taking the Canada Line up, either walk across the street at Vancouver City Centre to Granville Skytrain and take the Expo or Millenium to Stadium-Chinatown or just walk from City Centre to the rink.

I take the 257 from Horseshoe Bay downtown, myself, because I'm coming from Nanaimo, but I assume you're from Victoria.

Yeah I'm from the lower island.

arsmaster*

Do you know if it is still running?

He's talking about a bus from horse shoe bay. You won't be going to that terminal since you will be sailing out of Victoria I assume.

I don't know how to get downtown from tswassen. Only taken that ferry once a long time ago.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Walk on the ferry. Bus to Brideport Skytrain. Skytrain to City center and walk a few blocks to b.c place. From getting off the Ferry to arriving downtown it should only take an hour imo.

Superpest

Undrafted Free Agent
May 20, 2009
Cascadia
Hey dude, I am from Victoria but now live in Burnaby. I visit my parents in Vic all the time so I can for sure help you out.

Take the ferry.
Bus to Bridgeport.
Win money at River Rock.
Take the Canada Line towards Waterfront
Get off at Waterfront
Switch over to the Expo line
Get off at Stadium Chinatown
Walk (5 minutes MAXIMUM) to BC Place.
Buy beer.
Have fun.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Hey dude, I am from Victoria but now live in Burnaby. I visit my parents in Vic all the time so I can for sure help you out.

Take the ferry.
Bus to Bridgeport.
Win money at River Rock.
Take the Canada Line towards Waterfront
Get off at Waterfront
Switch over to the Expo line
Get off at Stadium Chinatown
Walk (5 minutes MAXIMUM) to BC Place.
Buy beer.
Have fun.

I'll be 19 then, so that could be an option. :naughty:

Thanks for the info.

Superpest

Undrafted Free Agent
May 20, 2009
Cascadia
Make sure you get in line to exit the ferry quite early (about an hour and 15 minutes into the trip) if you want a seat on the bus.

Phrazer

Apr 2, 2008
Cairns
Take the 620 express bus from the tsawwassen terminal to bridgeport skytrain station. Don't drive over you will save yourself $100 bringing it over and back. translink.ca is useful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->