OT: Travel

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I currently live in Florida. I have family and friends in both Massachusetts and Maine that I have not seen in years. I was planning on taking two weeks off and driving up the last week of June and be there through the second week of July. But with covid and all that is going on I'm not sure.
What are restrictions for Massachusetts and Maine at the moment and how is the reopening proceeding? Lodging, food, gas and such?
Also, anyone have any insight for concerns / restrictions for the drive up and back?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I currently live in Florida. I have family and friends in both Massachusetts and Maine that I have not seen in years. I was planning on taking two weeks off and driving up the last week of June and be there through the second week of July. But with covid and all that is going on I'm not sure.
What are restrictions for Massachusetts and Maine at the moment and how is the reopening proceeding? Lodging, food, gas and such?
Also, anyone have any insight for concerns / restrictions for the drive up and back?

This list should help

NH has is now allowing inside dining - Massachusetts MIGHT on June 29th.

Mass is trending in the right direction so

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
If you drive into Massachusetts, you will likely see a highway sign above saying "TRAVELERS INTO MASSACHUSETTS URGED TO SELF-QUARANTINE FOR 14 DAYS". Whatever. The most noticable thing at the moment is the reopening of outdoor dining. We ate at Maggiano's in downtown Boston on Saturday, and places like Moody St. in Waltham, in the vicinity of which I lived for several years, have been closed to traffic and tents setup for outdoor diners(to great success, judging by what I saw when I drove by over the weekend).

Eager Diners Return To North End, Waltham Restaurants

Moody Street In Waltham Closes As Restaurants Prepare For Outdoor Dining

0330_quarantine-sign01-1.jpg

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I wouldn't get on a plane or plan a trip to an area that is sliding backwards, but fortunately, MA is trending in the right direction. With the opening of outdoor dining, the few times I've gone, people have been respectful of rules and "the new normal" and businesses are also taking it seriously.

Wear masks when you aren't able to social distance, wash your hands often, and enjoy your trip.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Here's Mass. current rules:

https://www.mass.gov/doc/june-6-2020-phase-ii-reopening/download

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->