Travel to Pittsburgh

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I choose there as I know that Carson has bars etc and it has a bus that also takes me to near the arena or if I want I can always walk too.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Used them last time as I had an offer from Lyft. I'll probably use them at night but during the day I prefer to walk. Last time I walked from Oakland, crossed over the bridge near the club store then along the river

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Realised too that I am in town for Black Friday. Do the Pens have a good sale this day? Got to pick up a few things so might as well wait until that day.

Also on BF they are away to Boston, please recommend me a good bar to watch the game.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Realised too that I am in town for Black Friday. Do the Pens have a good sale this day? Got to pick up a few things so might as well wait until that day.

Also on BF they are away to Boston, please recommend me a good bar to watch the game.

What type of bars do you like and dislike? I would suggest the Souper Bowl near the arena. Also, I'm thinking we make a separate "Meet Up" thread.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Cheap bars :laugh:

No seriously I'll give anywhere a go but if I am watching a game I would prefer somewhere with like minded people to enjoy it with. Remember I am veggie so they need to be able to feed me too

I'll sort a thread out later. The invite is extended to everyone, I'll even buy you a beer :D

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Looks like an Uber would be around $70 round trip from the city to Cranberry :( Is it really worth the time and money to attend a practice? Has anyone ever been? If I could maybe snag a few pics or maybe get some hockey cards/jerseys signed it would be worth it.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Looks like an Uber would be around $70 round trip from the city to Cranberry :( Is it really worth the time and money to attend a practice? Has anyone ever been? If I could maybe snag a few pics or maybe get some hockey cards/jerseys signed it would be worth it.

My daughter took skating lessons there before moving onto hockey this year at another rink...

I never watched a Pens practice, but I saw Letang and his wife (son was having private lessons), Guerin (He's always there it seems) and Gary Roberts on various occasions.

Dan Potash was there a couple times also, if you are into him.

So if you make the trip you just may run into some former/current Pens.

They also have a really nice Lemieux exhibit there with some of his old gear/jerseys from his playing career... from when he started to play all the way up.

Reactions: Clare2904

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
At that rate you would be much better off renting a car, if you have the ability to park it where you are staying.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Pretty much got my Thanksgiving volunteer work sorted. Animal Avocates, help clean up the cages and feed the cats. Then it is cuddle time :laugh:

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Will be in town for the game Saturday. Last two seasons I was in town for SCF games, but never really had time to explore.

What are the best places for craft beer? And are there any good whiskey bars? Any help is appreciated.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
The incline was one thing I did not do last time so it is on my list.

Just read the description again for where I am staying. Of course the house is at the top of a big bloody hill and from the deck there is a great view

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Clare

I would suggest Carson City Saloon (south side) or City Works (downtown) to watch away games.

If you need stuff to do or recommendations send me a message.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad