Movies: Trap (2024) - New M. Night Shyamalan

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022

Interesting premise with Hartnett playing a possible villain.

After a couple of duds between the mid 2000s to mid 2010s, Shyamalan seems to have gotten his groove back with the Split/Glass franchise and Knock at the Cabin. And Josh Hartnett is getting a Matthew McConnaughey / Brendan Fraser revival as well with Oppenheimer and his role on Black Mirror.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Servant on Apple TV is one of the best things M Night has ever done to me so if you haven't checked it out yet I highly recommend it.

I'm always down to watch whatever M Night comes out with so I'll definitely be checking this one out.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I would call M Night one of the most overrated filmmakers ever but I don't think there's many people who actually think he's good.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I would call M Night one of the most overrated filmmakers ever but I don't think there's many people who actually think he's good.

He's hit or miss but I'm usually entertained either way, it's either good or so bad it's entertaining like stuff like the happening lol

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Glass and Knock at the Cabin were not good movies. At best, they were mediocre.

I didn't like Knock at the Cabin because they changed some really major things from the book and it's one of the few books I actually read way before it became a movie. Bautista was really good in it though, I thought he played the character well.

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
Glass and Knock at the Cabin were not good movies. At best, they were mediocre.
Glass was alright, and I felt Knock at the Cabin had a lot of potential but the execution fell short.
Still, it was better than Lady in the Water, the Happening, and the Last Airbender (but that's not saying much).
But to be honest for this movie I'm more intrigued by Hartnett than Shyamalan, especially after his turn as a villain in Black Mirror. He's had an interesting filmography, from teen heartthrob to action star to a bit of film noir or horror.

Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I'm always down to watch something ridiculous from the mind of Shyamalan, so I'll be seeing this one for sure. Even at his best he's a bit ridiculous, and his worst is usually pretty entertainingly goofy as well.

As others have mentioned, it's interesting to see Hartnett getting another dark role. He was incredible in Black Mirror - Beyond the Sea, and this seems to be the same sort of role where he's portraying a good guy with sinister intentions.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad