Traktor fans boycott home games

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
Fans of "Tractor" announced a boycott of the club's home matches. They require a change of leadership

Fans of "Tractor" wrote an open letter to the club's president Alexei Texler.
Fans demanded to dismiss the CEO, check the problem of staffing the team with players of one agent, as well as pay attention to artificially high attendance.
Fans announced an unlimited boycott of home matches of the Chelyabinsk club, which will last until the dismissal of a number of team managers.
Recall, on November 17, Tractor fans from Sector A left the rostrum during a match with Avtomobilist (2: 4) in protest.

Tractor currently ranks last in the Eastern Conference.
The full text of the appeal of the fans "Tractors:
“We appeal to you and ask you to take a number of measures to change the situation in the hockey club“ Tractor ”:
1. To resign the club’s director general Boris Vidgof, as well as his entire management team for failure in breeding and achieving the worst team result in the history of Tractor. Pay special attention to the use by the CEO of a club brand for self-PR and his frank lie about past merits as a club leader.
2. Check the situation, the scheme and the facts on the issue of manning the team with players mainly from one agent (Yuri Nikolaev).
3. Pay attention to the free distribution of a huge number of invitation cards for matches in order to mask the discontent of fans and create artificial numbers of attendance. These actions are negatively perceived by season ticket holders, many of which are the club’s main multi-year asset and attend home and away matches.
4. To remove any responsibility and the task of reaching the playoffs from the new head coach for the already failed season. Until the end of the championship, focus the attention of the coaching staff on the development of the team in the next season: the creation of an efficient skeleton, termination of contracts with numerous “downed pilots” who are in the squad.
5. To accept the positions of director and general manager of people with effective experience in the Continental Hockey League.
We, in turn, begin an indefinite boycott of home matches, which will end only with the departure of non-professional managers. ”

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Nice to see them be so passionate about it. Traktor does seem on hard times recently so lets see if this pressure does make any changes.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Happens all the time, honestly. Salavat Yulaev fans issued a similar statement 2 years ago aiming to remove Veisfeld, haven't they? Never been a fan of those, honestly. In my view, Traktor did many things right. Fans should be there to support the team and if they don't want to do it they make their voices heard by not buying tickets. Not by coming up with the list how to manage the team.

This is a common tactic across all the sports for ultras to feel more important than they actually are.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Fans should be there to support the team and if they don't want to do it they make their voices heard by not buying tickets. Not by coming up with the list how to manage the team.

I see your posts a lot around Russian topics. You say a lot of weird stuff. Like this...That's so arbitrary. Why is communicating a message bad if you do it using words but it's ok to send a message if you do it by refusing to buy tickets (attacking the teams profit)?

You just decided one day that one is ok but not the other for some reason?

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
I see your posts a lot around Russian topics. You say a lot of weird stuff. Like this...That's so arbitrary. Why is communicating a message bad if you do it using words but it's ok to send a message if you do it by refusing to buy tickets (attacking the teams profit)?

Apparently Traktor fans are doing both, so there's something to make both of you happy.

Reactions: Rigafan

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012

Well, this is a discussion board and that's what discussion is all about, I'd call it debatable rather than weird but that's what forums are there to do, expose people to a different opinion. Of course it's arbitrary, that's why it's an opinion. You can have yours whatever way you like. My "some reason" is this:

Not buying tickets isn't "attacking" its profits, it's just not creating the profit for them. There is nothing "attacking" about not paying for the product you don't want. Actually, since we are talking about Russia here, where it isn't even about money, tickets sold are a matter of prestige rather than money. Nevertheless, the goal of a team is to create a product fans would want to watch. So it's a decision which the management has to make, how they are going to achieve these goals. Fans then have the right to choose if they want to pay for said product or don't. Fans don't possess full information to make the decisions and it's not their money to lose if things go sour so they should stick to the part of the equation they have full control of. While leaving the part of making decisions to people in control of that.

Also, there is quite a difference between communicating the message and straight-up listing demands like it is in this case.

So that's my two cents. I don't quite understand how anything on such could be considered non-arbitrary.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Traktor is dead last and is desperately making wrong signings. I can understand the ultras. It won't solve crap though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad